Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
List of games i think will be used:
Paper mario
Batman arkym city blackagte
Super smash bros
Frogger 3DS

i forgot: one of the zelda games!

Reactions: Margen67
P

pasc

I sent a tweet to smea earlier today and got a response. He said it's a retail and eshop game but, the eshop game isn't in all regions.

CAN'T WAIT... for "that games" price to raise to infinity and beyond :yay: :grog:

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question, Gonintendo is saying the exploit will disable region lock. Please tell me that's true. ;_;

how should gonintendo know more than Ryukouki who says he is sorta working together with Smea on this ?
Ryu said it might be possible but it is not clear yet so this is actually only an assumption of that page.

but yeah if it is more or less the same as with the Wii, even if it won't be able to turn off the region lock yet there is at least an entry for some programmer to remove the lock

Reactions: Deboog and Margen67

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Will gateway owners be able to use a rom of the title or does it require a physical cartridge to activate the exploit?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, it works with the XL versions and the 2DS too, right?

All 2DS/3DS hardware functions exactly the same (minus the 3D in the 2DS, and circuit board layouts).

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i don't get something
how can you claim that you can't play backups, but you can get around the region lock?

so i can put my ntsc game into a japanese 3ds and launch it directly? or launch it through homebrew channel?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, it works with the XL versions and the 2DS too, right?

Yep, I'm on an XL and haven't had issues. The only thing a smaller 3DS might have a minor issue with is the practice portion. You'll see what I mean in a few days. ;D

@Ryukouki

do you really think there will be less people writing smea now ?
After watching GBATemp and other Forums for several years I would say now it might become even worse ^^V
As there is "proof" now all those guys who were not interested much because they thought it was just some scam
will now write smea at least once every day and those who did before will still do so XD

As far as people bashing smealum, I honestly feel terrible for the fellow. He deserves so much more than what people have been trying to make him out for. At some point I got really fed up with watching all the bickering and given my position here I offered smealum the opportunity to prove the reality that this exploit exists, but in the manner that he wanted to be released, so hence the first post. ;)

Also, dear lord. It's 6 AM, and I just woke up to 20 notifications.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been silently watching and waiting for SSSPwn. Now that it has a release date, next week is definitely a week to be remembered.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I should be excited, but...I'm not. Maybe it's because of the fact that I can't just run out and buy a new game for an exploit due to a restrictively tight budget for games.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I dunno, I should be excited, but...I'm not. Maybe it's because of the fact that I can't just run out and buy a new game for an exploit due to a restrictively tight budget for games.

Just make a request here in the forums, if someone who is living nearby your home owns or will own that game and if he or she will be kind enough to help you out with the installation of the homebrew-channel. I did that so many times, because I'm not willing to spend money on something I won't use more that once.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Just make a request here in the forums, if someone who is living nearby your home owns or will own that game and if he or she will be kind enough to help you out with the installation of the homebrew-channel. I did that so many times, because I'm not willing to spend money on something I won't use more that once.

You'll most likely need the game everytime.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. But I expect Nintendo will pull the eShop version immediately, like they did with Sudoku.

why would they other when they know the retail cart version exists? it makes no sense really it would just deprive them of more sales
anyone interested in doing this is not even one half of one % of 3ds users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1