Introducing, Vulpes Abnocto

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Hey, Love your avatar.. Welcome to GBATemp and hopefully we can friends!! If ya want??
tongue.gif
Welcome..
smile.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
For the past few days, I've been welcoming people with such good vocab... Welcome to GBATemp. Guess I don't need to tell you about the rules as you know about it already.

Still no Eternal Myst? That's good...for now
ph34r.gif

Canine rox!!!

Any chance of becoming a staff member?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
Hey, Love your avatar.. Welcome to GBATemp and hopefully we can friends!! If ya want??
tongue.gif
Welcome..
smile.gif

I can always use new friends, so long as you don't mind a relative n00b amongst your ranks

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rjbr2000 said:
For the past few days, I've been welcoming people with such good vocab... Welcome to GBATemp. Guess I don't need to tell you about the rules as you know about it already.

Still no Eternal Myst? That's good...for now
ph34r.gif

Canine rox!!!

Any chance of becoming a staff member?

Urm....I seriously doubt I'll be a staff member any time soon. I barely know my way around the forums, and I still have a lot of questions about my own flashcart, let alone the plethora of others. I don't yet code, and I don't have serious connections. Just about the only thing I have going for me is better than average English, and an easygoing personality.

Many thanks for your greeting, though! Hope to see you around!

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Curley5959 said:
tongue.gif
Welcome..
smile.gif

I can always use new friends, so long as you don't mind a relative n00b amongst your ranks

Its not that I dont like Noobs, Its just Noobs that think they know everything and fail miserably.. But if they accept that they dont know what they are talking about, I like them.. For example, I would call you a Noob but a nice noob, because generally a noob doesnt take his or her time to post replies to people and thank them for their kind words.. Generally, from my experience, all they do is GIMME GIMME GIMME, which does get on my nerves a bit..

But you, my friend, may be a newbie but that doesnt make you not useful... From what I have read about you, You are a very nice person that I would like to get to know a bit better.. Thanks for your kind words and if you need any help or advice, just throw a PM at me and I will help if i can.. See you around..
smile.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums Fox! I've read a few of your posts around the forums, and I've been impressed so far. You seem like a fine addition to the community. I hope you enjoy it here.

I was born and bred in GA myself (Macon, actually), and it's always nice to meet a fellow Georgian out in the wide world. Especially one who knows how to speak well, let alone write well.

I'm looking forward to seeing you around.
grog.gif

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are 3 states south of TN.
lecture.gif

Poor spelling, grammer, and punctuation are common due mostly to the fact that english is the second language of many of the members here (I don't know what excuse there is for native english speakers)

Oh, and the CAKE IS A LIE! - Although, I too find it strange that no one has offered you any.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
I was born and bred in GA myself (Macon, actually), and it's always nice to meet a fellow Georgian out in the wide world. Especially one who knows how to speak well, let alone write well.

Macon is a gorgeous town. I had the most wonderful time visiting Tybee Island, in my youth.

Out of curiosity; when you get excited or agitated, does your Southern heritage begin to show, like mine does?
Something like: "There ain't no such thing as a honest Yankee I tell ya! I orta know!"

(This reflects neither my views on my Northern countrymen, nor any other nationality north of the Mason-Dixon.)

Many thanks for your warm hospitality.
grog.gif
salut!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKR Firefox said:
There can only be one...

Aww, now that's not the pack mentality.

But if you insist on a war of movie quotes:

"Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you. I'll meet you with chain or nozh or britva anytime, not having you aiming tolchocks at me reasonless."

evil.gif

Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try2bcool said:
There are 3 states south of TN.
lecture.gif

The problem with that statement is the wording.
There are four states touching Tennessee's southern boarder. (Gotta remember North Carolina)
There are thirteen states that extend further south than Tennessee in the contiguous US. (Hawaii would be #14)
and
There are five states directly south of Tennessee. (6 if you wanted to include the overlap of South Carolina)

(I learned to debate technicalities from a royal c_nt.)

QUOTE said:
Poor spelling, grammer, and punctuation are common due mostly to the fact that english is the second language of many of the members here

You're precisely right. I wouldn't expect someone from a country with a different national or majority language to be perfectly fluent in English. That would be moronic, insensitive, and would serve only to reinforce the stereotype that Americans are a self-centered and egotistical people who hold themselves in higher esteem than the rest of the world. (In other words, many citizens of other countries think that we're all just like Gee-Dubya.) This is not entirely true.
I try to learn at least a piece of every language I run across, and a bit of everyone's culture and heritage, out of respect for them.

*evil grin*
But since you're also an American, it's 'grammar'.
laugh.gif
lecture.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry, I had to take the easy joke.
No offense intended.

Oh, and the CAKE IS A LIE!

It's been my experience that those offering me some of their "Pie" are also usually lying.
rofl.gif

Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hello.
You're cool, in my opinion.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Hey Fox, you gonna post anywhere besides this topic?
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm rather fond of the "you are banned" thread....

But seriously, if I have relevant news, or a pertinent question, I most assuredly will.

Just trying to be polite to those who are polite to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk