Hacking ipdstealer by flatz

Vappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shortly following kakaroto's ps3xport, flatz released a method to grab the ipds of ANY PS3 that you already have physical access to and can change the settings on, OFW or CFW. Unfortunately it needs for the console to be able to connect to PSN, so for OFW consoles time is limited until Sony pushed a mandatory update that patches it.

Source: http://playstationhax.it/forums/topic/1083-release-idpstealer-by-flatz/

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I didn't read that thread you linked, I would have thought it was something malicious lol.

Basically, if you have physical access and connected on PSN for both PS3s, you can transfer the idps from the other PS3.
The OP's description is actually a joke.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a tip, i got this all set up properly but my ps3 wouldn't connect to PSN. it was pretty random, sometimes it would but sometimes it wouldn't. just had to keep trying over and over until it actually worked. then spam whats new over and over until it finally dumped.

don't know why but thats my story and i got 2 OFW IDPS dumps.

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Some people in that thread were wondering whether you need PSN account for this to work, and since I'm too lazy to register there, I'll report here.

1. You DO NOT need PSN account for this (it will work even if your PS3 has never been online).
2. You MUST have the latest firmware installed OR avoid the firmware update requirement on accessing "What's New" section in some other way.

I personally bought a brand new factory sealed Super Slim with firmware 4.22 installed, and was able to get its IDPS after having upgraded it to OFW 4.66 (I don't need ODE compatibility because I already have CFW on another PS3).
The only thing I had to do after updating the firmware was entering country and birth date to access appropriate "What's New" content (default country and "today" as birthday worked fine).
If you have to keep the outdated firmware to use your ODE, I've seen reports of people getting IDPS on 4.5x firmware PS3s by spoofing current firmware version check with another proxy server first, then disabling that proxy and switching to idpstealer proxy to get the IDPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4