wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iPod Touch 3G 32GB/64GB. You're talking 600MHz processor (underclocked from 833MHz), remote control earphones, emulation for tons of systems, apps, looks shiny, tons more storage than the Dingoo, and everyone has one.
Or save up for ipt4G if you have to pay.

BTW, the iPad isn't all that bad. Use Cydia to get a tethering app for the iPad3G, and then you have a "cheap" (monthly-wise) unlimited data plan for your Wi-Fi devices (laptop, iPod Touch, DS, etc.) And you could use it in lieu of an iPhone with VoIP apps.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to buy a case and maybe a screen protector for it too. The back gets scratched really easily, and I'm not sure what they used for the screen of the touch.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
128GB is enough, I can't fill my 32GB Ipod touch up I have almost 80 apps and only 3GB is used

Why would you WANT to make a call from an Ipad?

I'm not an apple fanboy, but I don't understand why people say they are evil.

+ a 50" TV is a big blown up fancy 42" TV

Because:

They are locking people into using only the software that they want the people to run
They force the homebrew devs to buy into their dev program in order to legitimately sign apps so they can be run on real hardware
They don't give the users the ability to use removable media on their portable devices
They force you to use iTunes in order to manage your media and don't even give you the ability to delete tracks, save new playlists, etc. directly on the devices themselves
[removed: whole list of things about iTunes]

QUOTE(Teny @ May 18 2010, 04:23 PM) Remember to buy a case and maybe a screen protector for it too. The back gets scratched really easily, and I'm not sure what they used for the screen of the touch.

My 2 cents: I would avoid a screen protector if you know you will be careful with it. The screens on them are pretty durable and IMO screen protectors are usually annoying as hell when being used with touch screen devices (not to mention annoying as hell in general). My setup is a cheap HK clip together shell with a cheap HK slip case that doubles as a screen cleaner.

airss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to play games, go for dingoo a330 (price is great),and Movie, Music function is good too.
you can also play games with two wireless controllers on TV with friends or families.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Ipod touch has better apps than the dingo. You cant play homebrew that much. And it's been said that Dingoes freeze with some or a lot of homebrew.
But games like tap tap, plants vs zombie are fun because of the motion sensor and some other games.
But other than that, it's best to buy a PSP slim without tavv3(wtf I forgot what it's called)

LuteFrute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say:

Get the iPod, sell it to a friend or on craigslist, and get a Dingo + accesories! Get multiple Dingoos! Get a high capacity MiniSD!

I'd go for the Dingoo, man. Saving uip for one myself. Don't like iPods anyway. Did you know you can get Linux on a Dingoo? Pretty cool, and you can emulate Playstation games on it! I have tons of those!

If you want an iPod, go ahead. You may regret it, you may not. Make sure you jailbreak it! Jailbreaking is easy. Get a model with higher capacity. I hate it when I run out of space. My mp3 player has 4GB, 27 hours of battery, and a 120*48 b&w screen; thats my style.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ipad
happy.gif

Seriously though, a ipod Touch, I've been wanting one for awhile because of Apps and hwo epic it is because of it

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
LuteFrute said:
I say:

Get the iPod, sell it to a friend or on craigslist, and get a Dingo + accesories! Get multiple Dingoos! Get a high capacity MiniSD!

I'd go for the Dingoo, man. Saving uip for one mys8-bit self. Don't like iPods anyway. Did you know you can get Linux on a Dingoo? Pretty cool, and you can emulate Playstation games on it! I have tons of those!

If you want an iPod, go ahead. You may regret it, you may not. Make sure you jailbreak it! Jailbreaking is easy. Get a model with higher capacity. I hate it when I run out of space. My mp3 player has 4GB, 27 hours of battery, and a 120*48 b&w screen; thats my style.

I don't think you've ever touched one (Dingoo). The A320 model has emulation problems past the 8-bit generation (with the notable exception of GBA). Also, it has no dedicated GPU so PSX games don't work all that well - also remember that there are no analog sticks on it (although few PSX games actually required them). Also running Linux on a device isn't as special as you make it sound xD! It's more like a replacement for the default operating system. It'll play media, read text files, stuff like that. Nothing spectacular.

I don't really like iPod touches either. Even my Android phone doesn't get much use outside of calls / texting. It is just awkward to use with no real buttons or d-pad. Granted, you get used to it, but it's still not the same. Anyway, there are emulators for the iPod Touch that work much better than the Dingo A320 (I haven't even seen the specs on the A330, so I don't know, but yeah), but it's all about control.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're looking for quality and retro games, get a PSP-2000 hackable version and go to town.
Fuck that dingoo shit, that's a waste of money (the psp can do all of that), and I love my Touch 8GB, but it's not a gaming device, I'm sorry.

PSP... enough said. You'll thank me.

Wynd

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
iPod touch.

The apps are great and the jailbreak feature makes it awesome.

It is great and I loved mine (before I sold it to get an iPhone).

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
LuteFrute said:
I'd go for the Dingoo, man. Saving uip for one myself. Don't like iPods anyway. Did you know you can get Linux on a Dingoo? Pretty cool, and you can emulate Playstation games on it! I have tons of those!
Ipod touch can emulate PSX WITH sound

D

Deleted-247497

if you care at all about emulation do NOT go for the ipod touch, emulation sucks, i mean even nes lags on my 8gb 2nd gen, but theres a crapload of other stuff you can do, internet, facebook, all that jazz

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
LuteFrute said:
Ipod touch can emulate PSX WITH sound

Actually, I think that after build 0.8 or 0.81 PSX4iPhone is only compatible for iPod Touch 3g and iPhone 3GS and it was about half speed on the lower hardware revisions like the 8gb one he would get plus ZoTTD is working on porting the emulators onto the Pandora which is more powerful, has buttons and designed for emulating. Basically I would get a Pandora if your keen on emulation but remember that iPod's will have more releases due to their popularity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D