Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that we know about YouTube, this is what I think is happening. The YouTube app on the 3DS is just a glorified browser, however that browser is not updated as regularly as the one bundled with the 3DS. It connects to YouTube via a HTTP (not HTTPS) connection, allowing it to be intercepted and changed. The easiest way to do that would be to configure a DNS server on the 3DS's connection that redirects all requests to a different IP address (assuming that the app is connecting via a domain. otherwise a proxy would have to be used). The new page contains an exploit that only works on the YouTube app, however it might not have as many privileges as Ninjhax. Therefore, the YouTube hack is used to run TDVS which injects a save into an game with more privileges (Ironhall), which can then be used to run homebrew.

This could all be wrong, but this is how I theorise it will work.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is weird. Smea says that those with/without ironhax needs to get youtube. Either it injects the save into ironhax, or is possible to run homebrew on it. Or it could be used to inject the save of an exploit game that Smea is still hiding.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So this is weird. Smea says that those with/without ironhax needs to get youtube. Either it injects the save into ironhax, or is possible to run homebrew on it. Or it could be used to inject the save of an exploit game that Smea is still hiding.
Here's what the deal is. Both can load homebrew.

But ironhax is more convenient because it can be triggered without a net connection.

Reactions: duwen and Psi-hate

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we know about YouTube, this is what I think is happening. The YouTube app on the 3DS is just a glorified browser, however that browser is not updated as regularly as the one bundled with the 3DS. It connects to YouTube via a HTTP (not HTTPS) connection, allowing it to be intercepted and changed. The easiest way to do that would be to configure a DNS server on the 3DS's connection that redirects all requests to a different IP address (assuming that the app is connecting via a domain. otherwise a proxy would have to be used). The new page contains an exploit that only works on the YouTube app, however it might not have as many privileges as Ninjhax. Therefore, the YouTube hack is used to run TDVS which injects a save into an game with more privileges (Ironhall), which can then be used to run homebrew.

This could all be wrong, but this is how I theorise it will work.
The YouTube app is really just a old version of the o3ds web browser with html5 support

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine for a moment that smea is trolling nintendo, nintendo pull out Youtube app from eshop, google trying to find the bug, and, finally, there is no bug in there, that would be amazing.

That way, he could get Nintedo to stop shitting on him about IronHax

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok good, we are going to the town near our campsite today so I can take my 3ds and download it near some WiFi spot. I'm going to be kinda upset if I don't need it for Ironhax tho but it's better to be safe than sorry

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!?
xna1A.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...