Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No and it's totally legal to find exploits
Yeah people need to stop saying that. Nintendo has no legal ground. Homebrew and exploits are completely legal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That apology was awkward. If there is a legal situation, it was a bad move.
Its not a legal situation. What he's doing is not illegal.

Reactions: ihaveahax

AManOfThings123456789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm Scared About Is When You Open Ironfall It Says You Cannot Open This As It Is Not Available On The eshop Or It NEEDS A 1.2 Update Removing The Possibility Of The Exploit.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Yeah people need to stop saying that. Nintendo has no legal ground. Homebrew and exploits are completely legal.

Not a jailable crime no, but he could be liable for civil damages.

This is why lawyers tell their clients to shut the hell up if they're accused of anything.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm Scared About Is When You Open Ironfall It Says You Cannot Open This As It Is Not Available On The eshop Or It NEEDS A 1.2 Update Removing The Possibility Of The Exploit.
Right now, the 3DS lets you start games without the update data (whether or not the game works is a separate matter). For reference, the Wii U doesn't. As for not opening, that's never happened before, has it?

AManOfThings123456789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those kind of checks do not exist if this were the case pirating games would be impossible, the 3DS is not setup like steam.
Right now, the 3DS lets you start games without the update data (whether or not the game works is a separate matter). For reference, the Wii U doesn't. As for not opening, that's never happened before, has it?

Sorry I'm Just Really Eeeee About It And If The 'ploit Isn't Possible I Wasted Memory Space AND Time Playing Wii U Games. (I'm Using A Wii U, Yes I Am.)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Did a little more research, and as I suspected, it's a crime too.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...ix-broken-dmca-anti-circumvention-rules.shtml
It's there in the first sentence.

It was used against Geohot
https://jurisgamer.wordpress.com/tag/digital-millennium-copyright-act-dmca-17-u-s-c-§1201/

Reactions: endoverend

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That may be the case in the US, but this is (I presume, from the takedown of IRONFALL) from a European company (Nintendo of Europe), against a EU national (Smea lives in France IIRC), so EU laws apply here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one