GCN Is Animal Crossing still worth it?

VanillaAdvance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the original Animal Crossing worth playing if you have never played it before? Or should I just wait for Animal Crossing for the Switch? I've seen some unique events and mechanics from the original that seem to have never came back. Plus the aesthetic is nice. What do you all think?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the original Animal Crossing worth playing if you have never played it before? Or should I just wait for Animal Crossing for the Switch? I've seen some unique events and mechanics from the original that seem to have never came back. Plus the aesthetic is nice. What do you all think?
thats really depends on your taste of games, never been a animal crossing fan, nor played one, but its the same thing like asking if its worth to play Megaman X for the Super Nintendo, or wait for a new one to come to the switch.

If you got the time, why not give it a shoot? worst case scenario, 1 / 3 hours of gameplay to the trash can.

VanillaAdvance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! After you mentioned Wild World and New Leaf I remembered how Animal Crossing in my opinion is just better on handhelds. It is easier to play when you have it in your pocket, since Animal Crossing wants daily playtime.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GameCube version in particular has features exclusive to it that not even New Leaf has. Like the wishing well, glowing spots/gold trees, a 15 Villager limit, lighthouse, NES games, GBA Island, the dump, etc.
I spent countless hours on the GameCube version but I can't say much for Wild World and City Folk but they seem to be basically New Leaf with much less features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: