Is Crash Bandicoot coming to Nintendo Switch?

crash-logo.png

In the light of Nintendo's great sales numbers it seems like activision are looking to bring their recently released Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy to the hand-held market.
According to Max Arguile, licensing manager for GB Eye "Activision is going all in on Crash with a PC and Nintendo Switch port slated for this year and a brand new instalment in 2019."

This is not the first time fan's have been hopeful for a Switch release, keymailer.co accidentally listed a Switch version a few months ago.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by filfat,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Seems too good to be true.
A new game in 2019? Why? the remastered trilogy wasn't enough?
Even if in the end it will become real, knowing Activision... I'm a bit skeptical.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This brings me back to when I got crash warped for my birthday, I remember playing it before, was the first crash game i tried. It was okay but wow %100 was like trying to be better than your older brother at video games, was just stressful. PLATINUM RELICS! I always thought the extra power ups like double jump and the tornado spin and bazooka to be fun addition to the game, but the vehicle stages was kinda the worst. :P

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was more of a re-balance of his weight/momentum, it's not that bad.
My understanding is the platforms are a bit more "rounded" than the original, essentially making the platforms further apart than the original. You kind of...slide off in the new where you wouldn't in the old. Is it because of the "weight" then? Still makes those hard jumps that much harder, which is no fun.

Last edited by osaka35,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well rumors back them said sony had a 1year exclusivity deal so next what july there is no more exclusive deal if true.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I hope it gets cancelled Switch fans don't deserve good games.
Lol it's the third-string platformer behind Mario and Sonic. It's alright, but I wouldn't call it good. As a matter of fact, I'd call it shit personally, though I know some people like it for whatever reason. Another PS4 exclusive bites the dust.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems quite impossible for me, but if this actual turns out to be true, it's gonna be one great addition to the Switch's library.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol it's the third-string platformer behind Mario and Sonic. It's alright, but I wouldn't call it good. As a matter of fact, I'd call it shit personally, though I know some people like it for whatever reason. Another PS4 exclusive bites the dust.
I was going to post something pretty much the same as you then seen your post lol its definitely one of the most over rated games series ever. Its a generic platformer that brings nothing new or fun to platform gaming.

Reactions: Xzi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was going to post something pretty much the same as you then seen your post lol its definitely one of the most over rated games series ever. Its a generic platformer that bri gs nothing new or fun to platform gaming.
tbh i always prefered spyro more too, i wish they did a spyro hd trilogy too, since spyro is so much better ip imo.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, if they did Uncharted or Jak, my god...
i meant on ps1 era platformers...

on ps1 crash was always the favorite for everyone, and i loved the spyro trilogy way more than crash and crash got all those spin off games like it was a big shot lol kart games, party games you name it lol.

To me spyro was always better than crash.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Crash on switch == hypothetical Spyro on switch :)

tbh i always prefered spyro more too, i wish they did a spyro hd trilogy too, since spyro is so much better ip imo.
I totally want Spyro to comeback even if it has to comeback as a Spyro trilogy at first. No, Skylanders doesn't count.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just want to say that N-Sane trilogy has some "proof" of it not being a PS exclusive title, it's the only current "PS exclusive" title to not have the "Only on Playastation" text on the cover, and some time ago a dev of the game (iirc she was either a dev or a beta tester) shared a screenshot of the N-Sane trilogy Crash 1 saving screen with XBox button prompts, and then she deleted the image not long before everyone noticed it.
I really want this to become real however, but I won't buy it because I already have it on PS4

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
could be just a sony timed exclusive. tbh i dont really care for it but for those that like crash, it'd be nice and im sure it'll sell very very nicely. crash has never really grabbed be compared to mario.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh neat.
I've never experienced the Crash trilogy as a whole during the PSX years as I was a 64 boy.
If this ends up appearing on Switch, I'll pick it up for sure!

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my sweet baby jesus, I would buy this in a heartbeat. I had to sell my PS4 for cash due to bills and the such, but I ended up picking up a Switch when my refund came in. I would absolutely LOVE a Crash installment on the Switch, even more so the trilogy. Let this happen pls.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the light of Nintendo's great sales numbers it seems like activision are looking to bring their recently released Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy to the hand-held market.
According to Max Arguile, licensing manager for GB Eye "Activision is going all in on Crash with a PC and Nintendo Switch port slated for this year and a brand new instalment in 2019."

This is not the first time fan's have been hopeful for a Switch release, keymailer.co accidentally listed a Switch version.

:arrow:Source
im pretty sure its just going to stay as a ps4 exclusive game but if the makers pronounce it then im 100%happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme