Batman: Arkham Collection rumoured to be coming to Nintendo Switch

batmen.jpg

According to French retailer WTT, Rocksteady's Arkham games may be coming to the Nintendo Switch in August for €59.99. While there has been no official confirmation of this by Rocksteady or Warner Bros., retailers have been known to list unannounced items early, accidentally revealing their existence. With a Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow, it's possible the listing was meant to go up shortly after that broadcast. It's also worth noting that WTT previously leaked the existence of The Witcher 3 on Switch. The Arkham Collection would presumably be the same one released on PC and consoles previously, meaning it would include Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Arkham Knight.

While the listing isn't online anymore, VGC managed to get a screenshot before it was taken down.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way too late, but at least they'll play Arkham Asylum (my favorite of the three) and experience it themselves.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it confirmed that the third game is Arkham Knight and not Arkham Origins though?
It would make much more sense if the bundle came with Origins, Asylum and City for the 3 games.
I doubt Switch can handle Knight, well at least I think it can handle it as well as the original PC release lol

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it confirmed that the third game is Arkham Knight and not Arkham Origins though?
It would make much more sense if the bundle came with Origins, Asylum and City for the 3 games.
I doubt Switch can handle Knight, well at least I think it can handle it as well as the original PC release lol
Nothing is confirmed about this, it's just that previous Arkham collections included Knight and not Origins. I think Origins is kinda considered the black sheep of the franchise and it hasn't been acknowledged much, so I'd be surprised to see it show up here, but it's certainly not impossible.

Reactions: CoolMe

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's streaming only, which i think we all know it is, then it's a pass for me. I'm not even sure how comfortable i am in thinking it's "coming to the switch", if it's just streaming. but it's something i guess?

Last edited by osaka35,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was hoping it wouldn't require streaming.
Though one has to ask now, which will be the worse way to run the game? Streaming it on the Switch with Nintendo's famous server system, or installing it on the Steam deck and playing from there?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is confirmed about this, it's just that previous Arkham collections included Knight and not Origins. I think Origins is kinda considered the black sheep of the franchise and it hasn't been acknowledged much, so I'd be surprised to see it show up here, but it's certainly not impossible.
Origins was developed by a different developer so it doesn't get as much love as the trilogy does. It's still a good game and should it be part of it? To have a complete set, yes.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
A Switch rumor pops up before a Nintendo Direct that is scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm P.T./5pm E.T.?
Surely you jest.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo getting AAA titles over a decade past their original release lol. Used to bother me back then because I thought i was missing out, but now I think it’s kind of cool. My backlog has always been a dozen years long, I wasn’t gonna get around to Arkham asylum before 2022 even if I bought them back in the day.

Edit: apparently the Wii U actually got some Batman titles. I guess I just never cared oops gonna keep playing games from 1999

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if it's streaming only, which i think we all know it is, then it's a pass for me. I'm not even sure how comfortable i am in thinking it's "coming to the switch", if it's just streaming. but it's something i guess?
it wont be streaming only since a retailer leaked, if a retailer leaked it has to have a physical edition be it just a code in the box or a cartridge, so something streaming wouldnt be released on store shelves.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont be streaming only since a retailer leaked, if a retailer leaked it has to have a physical edition be it just a code in the box or a cartridge, so something streaming wouldnt be released on store shelves.
are none of the streaming games released in stores? i thought kingdom hearts was. are those monstrosities limited to the eshop?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
are none of the streaming games released in stores? i thought kingdom hearts was. are those monstrosities limited to the eshop?
only kingdom hearts on retailers is the rhythm game which is not streaming, and yeah no streaming game was ever retail released up until now. and doesnt make much sense doing a streaming game physical release lol.
They are only on eshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.