XP
Country
haters2.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Jolan said:
Eh, so much for wanting an honest answer in a Nintendo-based forum.

Go ahead, go to a PSP forum and see if you can find even a single person who agrees with your absolutely batshit bizarre opinion. Can you even give any reasons why you think this?

Oh, wait, there is one person in the world who shares your opinion, this mentally subnormal 10 year old.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=237592

Maybe your mothers could get together and arrange a playdate?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Jolan said:

Go ahead, go to a PSP forum and see if you can find even a single person who agrees with your absolutely batshit bizarre opinion. Can you even give any reasons why you think this?

Oh, wait, there is one person in the world who shares your opinion, this mentally subnormal 10 year old.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=237592

Maybe your mothers could get together and arrange a playdate?
This... This is beautiful!

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just you dude. The analog was originally by nintendo, Sony just copied that idea, so now people have the misconception that any non-Sony console with an analog is ripping off Sony...

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
It's just you dude. The analog was originally by nintendo, Sony just copied that idea, so now people have the misconception that any non-Sony console with an analog is ripping off Sony...

Actually the analog was originally on some atari

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
cool story bro

as said above atari did it first
sony beat nintendo to the punch with the first analog stick controller between the 2 however made for flight games/sims
this stuff has been in work for years though

they both copied atari if you wanna be exact

QUOTE(CrimzonEyed @ Jul 14 2010, 06:08 AM) its also thanks to nintendo that playstation even exist
tongue.gif

they would have existed with or without nintendo
they knew they had a good idea and wernt willing to let it go thrown out

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo invented the cross-shaped D-Pad, a control setup that revolutionized gaming, and a patent that they still own rights to. That's why the Sony D-Pad is broken into four pieces, and the 360 D-Pad is a complete circle (and candidate for worst D-Pad ever).

Sony had a 30lb dual analog controller before Nintendo, but it only worked with Descent, and maybe one other game. Nintendo was the first to incorporate analog into a dedicated controller, and designed a revolutionary game to justify why we needed this control (Mario 64). Soon Sony released an analog controller in the style of the original pad, but it didn't have force feedback, which Nintendo offered through the an add-on rumble pack. This controller had larger hand grips that were reduced back to normal size when the Dual Shock released. I will say that the Dual Shock was revolutionary for me, since all the features were self contained. Games like Metal Gear: Solid proved how a controller could immerse the player, while games like Ape Escape proved how two analog sticks could open a new door for game control.

My point is that everybody borrows from everybody, but you can't deny the impact that Nintendo has made in the game industry, through innovation, and the balls to take chances. Luckily for Nintendo, their last two attempts at taking drastic risks have led to two of their most successful platforms to date (Wii and DS). I believe the 3DS will once again open a new door in handheld gaming.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Jolan said:
So. You ask us an opinion based question, and if we don't choose your answer, we're lying? Smooth, bro.
Joe88 said:
Raika said:
cool story bro

sony beat nintendo to the punch with the first analog stick controller between the 2 however made for flight games/sims

QUOTE(CrimzonEyed @ Jul 14 2010, 06:08 AM)
its also thanks to nintendo that playstation even exist
tongue.gif

lolno. Nintendo brought the entire bloody gaming industry back from the grave after Atari sent it down the pipes. The PlayStation and any other system back since the NES would not exist but for Nintendo.

Also, last I checked, the N64 had an analog stick before the PS.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Jolan said:
So. You ask us an opinion based question, and if we don't choose your answer, we're lying? Smooth, bro.
Joe88 said:
Raika said:
cool story bro

QUOTE(CrimzonEyed @ Jul 14 2010, 06:08 AM)
its also thanks to nintendo that playstation even exist
tongue.gif

lolno. Nintendo brought the entire bloody gaming industry back from the grave after Atari sent it down the pipes. The PlayStation and any other system back since the NES would not exist but for Nintendo.

Also, last I checked, the N64 had an analog stick before the PS.

psx.jpg

Yup.. Jesus, that controller looks so.. malformed without the sticks.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Like what everybody said it's just you,maybe the graphics(and probably the the analog(?)to the nub) are seem alike but they're totally different especially with the gaming experience which why I chose DS over PSP.And btw I also have PSP(I have 2 but my first got totaled by my friend
yaypsp.gif
hate2.gif
sad.gif
)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Rydian said:
One of these is not like the other.

A five year old could answer that question correctly.
Yeah, the 3DS isn't available in stores yet, the other two are.

nyanya.gif

I reject your classifications and substitute my own.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Veho said:
Rydian said:
One of these is not like the other.

A five year old could answer that question correctly.
Yeah, the 3DS isn't available in stores yet, the other two are.

nyanya.gif

I reject your classifications and substitute my own.
I thought it was the DS Lite.
unsure.gif

The PSP has no gaems and the 3DS has no games (released yet).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.foxnews.com/world/police-bust-finds-700-pounds...