Gaming Is it ok to play Half-Life for the first time on a n3DS?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not long ago, I discovered that Masterfeizz (I think) created a really impressive port of Half-Life to the 3ds. You needed to transfer the actual Half-life files to the 3ds to play the full version. I looked up the game on steam since I've been wanting to play it for a while now, and I realized that it's on sale! Anyways, I got a bundle with Half-Life.
I was going to play the game on my computer, but, at this moment I don't even have any way to play it, except for my n3dsXl. (See, my computer is a laptop-tablet thing that barely runs anything, but it doesn't even have a second usb port for me to plug in my hard drive. And I just broke my usb hub.. :wacko:

So basically, the only thing that I can play the game on is my 3DS right now. Can I have a good experience playing it for the first time on that? Or is it work waiting a couple of weeks for a usb hub to arrive in the mail?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not long ago, I discovered that Masterfeizz (I think) created a really impressive port of Half-Life to the 3ds. You needed to transfer the actual Half-life files to the 3ds to play the full version. I looked up the game on steam since I've been wanting to play it for a while now, and I realized that it's on sale! Anyways, I got a bundle with Half-Life.
I was going to play the game on my computer, but, at this moment I don't even have any way to play it, except for my n3dsXl. (See, my computer is a laptop-tablet thing that barely runs anything, but it doesn't even have a second usb port for me to plug in my hard drive. And I just broke my usb hub.. :wacko:

So basically, the only thing that I can play the game on is my 3DS right now. Can I have a good experience playing it for the first time on that? Or is it work waiting a couple of weeks for a usb hub to arrive in the mail?
I haven't played it on the n3ds, but it might be worth it waiting for the USB hub just to be able to use a mouse with the game. There are some parts where quick run n' gun is essential so it might be difficult and annoying using the 3ds.

I've only played through the source port of the game.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I haven't played it on the n3ds, but it might be worth it waiting for the USB hub just to be able to use a mouse with the game. There are some parts where quick run n' gun is essential so it might be difficult and annoying using the 3ds.

I've only played through the source port of the game.

Thanks!

I might just try it out for a couple of minutes to see how it the game starts. I'll play the rest later.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you should play black mesa. its a far better version of HL1
What was improved? I only know black mesa es the game pyrocynical played. It's not like my poor old tablet was going to handle it anyways. :(

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!

I might just try it out for a couple of minutes to see how it the game starts. I'll play the rest later.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What was improved? I only know black mesa es the game pyrocynical played. It's not like my poor old tablet was going to handle it anyways. :(
everything, graphics, sound, music gameplay.

Reactions: legoinventeor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1