Hardware Is it possible to buy two defective Switch?

methamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Switch from Amazon about a month ago. I bought Stardew Valley and Oxenfree to test my console and I saw that games are laggy (especially Oxenfree). After that I wanted to replace my console but new console is same. I also bought Zelda and I see fps drops at some scenes. Is this possible? Can I really buy two defective brand new Swicth?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Switch from Amazon about a month ago. I bought Stardew Valley and Oxenfree to test my console and I saw that games are laggy (especially Oxenfree). After that I wanted to replace my console but new console is same. I also bought Zelda and I see fps drops at some scenes. Is this possible? Can I really buy two defective brand new Swicth?
depends fps drops are normal in certain games in zelda the main place i notice it is in the korok woods

Reactions: methamz

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried watching an LP of them on the Switch to see how they compare?

Does this happen in both handheld and docked mode?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
a lot of games do lag, you got nothing defective what so ever. Zelda feels like it lags harder than a lot of games because of the double buffering v sync so you don't get 30 fps 29 28 25, you get 30 or 20 or 10 (never usually 10 though) so you get a huge loss of frames suddenly I assume many other games do the same thing

methamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried watching an LP of them on the Switch to see how they compare?

Does this happen in both handheld and docked mode?

Yeah, it happens in both mode.
And no, I didnt watch that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a lot of games do lag, you got nothing defective what so ever. Zelda feels like it lags harder than a lot of games because of the double buffering v sync so you don't get 30 fps 29 28 25, you get 30 or 20 or 10 (never usually 10 though) so you get a huge loss of frames suddenly I assume many other games do the same thing

So you guys say my console is normal?

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Sure it's possible. it's even possible to buy 100 defective switches in a row. However, statistically speaking, the odds of buying 100 defective switches in a row would be like a trillion to 1. The odds of buying 2 defective switches in a row are much greater, relatively speaking;)

Reactions: isoboy and methamz

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i personally rarely lag in zelda other than in the korok woods

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows. I know I haven't seen any lag aside from once while doing the dupe on the guardian in the water. It was expected though. Although my launch system was returned to Nintendo because it threw a error black screen shortly after I bought it.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Is it possible ? Yes. Take the probability of getting one defective Switch and just multiply it by itself : this is the probability of getting two defective Switches

Is it likely to happend ? No

Last edited by MK73DS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night