Hardware Is it possible to have an "Ultimate 3DS"?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lol are u serious???? 600 dollars for a 3ds never. Why to spend so much on it. 240p console
Well, without the capture card, the price's $425.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, it's the literally ultimate 3DS. No 3DS will be better than this one. (99% sure) It even has custom metal analog that give you better grip. And you can also 3d print an image to it, if you like.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Well, without the capture card, the price's $425.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, it's the literally ultimate 3DS. No 3DS will be better than this one. (99% sure) It even has custom metal analog that give you better grip. And you can also 3d print an image to it, if you like.
If t has at least a 1.8ghz quad core cpu and a gpu that supports HD 720p at least then yep.

Reactions: Deleted User

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a hardmod or DSTWO+ because you can use A9LH and Hourglass9 and CFW to do what they do. You could also say that a capture card is pointless because NTR can stream to a PC.

Reactions: NoNAND

hidd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I can't compare a good ol PSP 3K with the 3DS, but higher boot times due to larger memory capacity is why I still do not consider my 3DS has the "main" portable system to carry around, rather my PSP3K still keeps that crown in check, unless it's possible to somehow avoid those doubled boot times on bigger memcards. JFC that extra battery tho, I'd rather carry around a powerbank

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't need a hardmod or DSTWO+ because you can use A9LH and Hourglass9 and CFW to do what they do. You could also say that a capture card is pointless because NTR can stream to a PC.
I didn't take in account if something was useless or not. And hardmods'll be useful for when/if sighax's released.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hardmod is useful for anyone that likes to experiment... brick fixes, etc.
How much does your hardmod costs? Gotta add it to the total price and I plan to build this 3DS myself (That is, just buy the things and let the professionals handle it) in a long, long future.

Reactions: Benja81

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
How much does your hardmod costs? Gotta add it to the total price and I plan to build this 3DS myself (That is, just buy the things and let the professionals handle it) in a long, long future.

You know that you can do the hardmod yourself, you will learn things that can be proven useful later(like the flashing button LEDs).
Also the SD you will get will be wasted money, because the 3DS can't handle well space over 32gb and you'll have more problems than those you are trying to fix(getting more space?), not to mention that the 3DS wont use the UHS-2 pins, so you are throwing +80$ for no reason.
The capture card also is unnecessary, because NTR cfw has the option to stream to PC, and there is nobody who will use VR with it.
Also IPS do not offer something better than the TN screens for the average user, except if you are mazochistic(not offendng you) and likes to play with his 3DS at extreme angles(or if you have other people watching you)...
You can also try CTRBoot9+SaltFW, because it is lighter than Luma3DS and has only the neccesary features... https://gbatemp.net/threads/saltfw-slim-alternative-firmware.423554/

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I don't think those things can play DS roms quite like the DSTwo+ (cheats, etc... and I sincerely hope that the intent wasn't to play .3ds roms with it. That would be a monumental FAIL)
2) NTR capture is crap. It will a lways be crap because the Wifi is crap. Perhaps improvements could be made, but it will NEVER be as good as a hard-mod capture card.

And for everyone else... a Hard-mod costs pennies. Just stop being a bunch of wusses and do it yourself :P

Last edited by urherenow,

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know that you can do the hardmod yourself, you will learn things that can be proven useful later(like the flashing button LEDs)
The last time I tried to hardmod myself, I had to buy a N3DS because I broke the L, R and analog connection cables. Also, I liked the finishing of @vb_encryption_vb's hardmod in the 3DS. (Hardmod ideas and vb_encryption_vb's hardmod finishing came from @Dennis G)
Also the SD you will get will be wasted money, because the 3DS can't handle well space over 32gb and you'll have more problems than those you are trying to fix(getting more space?), not to mention that the 3DS wont use the UHS-2 pins, so you are throwing +80$ for no reason
I chose the best of the best for this list: microSD? 256GB U3 UHS-2 microSD. Capture Card? VR Capture Card. Battery? Mugen Power. Flashcard? SuperCard DSTwo+. That's also why it'll change to a 512GB microSD when it's available. Only if someone reports major issues with 256GB microSDs. Then it'll go down to 128GB. But'll still be U3 UHS-2. Most of the things on the list could be lowered down a bit or be completely excluded so that the price'd get down a lot.
The capture card also is unnecessary, because NTR cfw has the option to stream to PC, and there is nobody who will use VR with it.
Didn't the capture cards have less/none delay or something?
Also IPS do not offer something better than the TN screens for the average user, except if you are mazochistic(not offendng you) and likes to play with his 3DS at extreme angles(or if you have other people watching you)...
As I said in the first quote, best of the best, and that's why the N3DS I bought I made sure it was Dual IPS.
GC controller port
Don't you use a GC controller with InputRedirection NTR?

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
The last time I tried to hardmod myself, I had to buy a N3DS because I broke the L, R and analog connection cables. Also, I liked the finishing of @vb_encryption_vb's hardmod in the 3DS. (Hardmod ideas and vb_encryption_vb's hardmod finishing came from @Dennis G)

I chose the best of the best for this list: microSD? 256GB U3 UHS-2 microSD. Capture Card? VR Capture Card. Battery? Mugen Power. Flashcard? SuperCard DSTwo+. Most of the things on the list could be lowered down a bit or be completely excluded so that the price'd get down a lot.

Didn't the capture cards have less/none delay or something?

As I said in the first quote, best of the best, and that's why the N3DS I bought I made sure it was Dual IPS.

Don't you use a GC controller with InputRedirection NTR?

It is perfect for you, mine would have real-time RAM editing through Arduino and Linux...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A