Hardware Is it possible to insert your own images into the Switch's Gallery and View them?

D

Deleted User

Don't think so. Though, I wonder if the new videos are similarly signed?
If they aren't, saving custom videos to the Switch will need to wait until somebody finds a method to either setup an emuNAND or exploit the most recent update.

Reactions: CeeDee

UnlikeQuill47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried inserting some .jpg images into my micro sd card and they show up as ? "The data could not be desplayed" in the switch image gallery is there any format you could set it to so the images might actually show up on the switch? file size? DPI? ect.
Didn't look at this, but probably the switch puts a digital signature for the whole file inside metadata and won't open something not signed and created by itself (in that case you would need its private key to sign jpegs).
Try swapping one bit in a screenshot file and check if it still opens.
If not, it is probably hashing and digitally signing the files.
Nintendo says it is possible to put new images and what not on two it but you have to use the SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0.2 for SD/SDHC/SDXC for it to work is what they say

Reactions: 404kinnie

UnlikeQuill47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried inserting some .jpg images into my micro sd card and they show up as ? "The data could not be desplayed" in the switch image gallery is there any format you could set it to so the images might actually show up on the switch? file size? DPI? ect.
Didn't look at this, but probably the switch puts a digital signature for the whole file inside metadata and won't open something not signed and created by itself (in that case you would need its private key to sign jpegs).
Try swapping one bit in a screenshot file and check if it still opens.
If not, it is probably hashing and digitally signing the files.
sorry for double post

Reactions: 404kinnie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D