ROM Hack Question is it possible to make a Zelda save editor app for HBL

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
basically to make it easier instead of dumping and restoring our saves to a PC all the time
i know it will probably come eventually, this is just an in theory question

Jpe230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes you can. I'm currently working in a super basic app for adding ruppees and arrows. Currently I've only got it working with a CLI and you need to use Nuts/Checkpoint for dumping/injecting the savefile. I'm planning to add more features as the online editor, as well as implementing a GUI. I will release my source code and the binaries by this week.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes you can. I'm currently working in a super basic app for adding ruppees and arrows. Currently I've only got it working with a CLI and you need to use Nuts/Checkpoint for dumping/injecting the savefile. I'm planning to add more features as the online editor, as well as implementing a GUI. I will release my source code and the binaries by this week.
thanks pal, quick request if possible are you able to implement editing hearts and stamina also?

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Thats soo cooool please can you add the ability to inject amiibos to our save files too ?

ThirdEyeCx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to open a new thread to ask this but what about the possibility of a file manager that gets launched through the hbl? Like for example if I wanted to dump a save and inject it on to another profile I would have to first get my micro sd card onto my PC to copy the save file to the inject folder. It would save some time to have a homebrew app file manager that reads the sdcard to do simple move, copy, and paste commands.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game