is it possible to use HDD

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that atmosphere devs didn't want to include this option (while it is possible) to avoid any legal actions from big N. With coding knowledge and using atmosphere source code, one can add the feature to his own private usage. This is what I understood, I might be wrong!

TX was using Nintendo code to spoof the cartridge slot having a game inserted into it whenever you selected a game off the HDD. This is why the Atmos devs won't touch it. Homebrew apps today have HDD support but only as an install source.

Reactions: Jack_Bauer

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX was using Nintendo code to spoof the cartridge slot having a game inserted into it whenever you selected a game off the HDD. This is why the Atmos devs won't touch it. Homebrew apps today have HDD support but only as an install source.
The bigger reason why Atmosphere won't touch it is due to it being used 99% for piracy and nothing else. Something that SciresM is completely against.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bigger reason why Atmosphere won't touch it is due to it being used 99% for piracy and nothing else. Something that SciresM is completely against.

The stolen Nintendo cartridge code is the major piracy part. It's not just about the games (that's a separate piracy). It makes no sense for people to argue "anti-piracy" but then turn around and install games to their SD cards off the HDD, piracy is piracy.

Running games off HDD in SXOX involved stolen cartridge code + stolen games.

Running games off SD in Atmosphere only involves installing stolen "borrowed" games using a third party homebrew app. (In b4 someone tries to argue "I rip my own cartridges so it's not piracy", that's not the topic.)

Last edited by raging_chaos,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stolen Nintendo cartridge code is the major piracy part. It's not just about the games (that's a separate piracy). It makes no sense for people to argue "anti-piracy" but then turn around and install games to their SD cards off the HDD, piracy is piracy.

Running games off HDD in SXOX involved stolen cartridge code + stolen games.

Running games off SD in Atmosphere only involves installing stolen "borrowed" games using a third party homebrew app. (In b4 someone tries to argue "I rip my own cartridges so it's not piracy", that's not the topic.)
Oh I wasn't disagreeing fully. I was especially note that atmosphere would never have this due to SciresM's opinions. This is the same reason why Atmosphere doesn't come with any sigpatches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe