Hacking Is it safe to "Move EmuNAND" if SysNAND doesn't even seem to work?

CeIIophane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to "Move EmuNAND" if my SysNAND doesn't even seem to work? I'm using a New Nintendo 3DS and according to my System settings: 11.6.0-39U
I've always had Luma autoboot EmuNAND, and aside from everything like my data and games being on EmuNAND, I can't actually access SysNAND anyway. Attempting to boot into SysNAND gives me an exception occurred error.
tdM4wuw.jpg

Is it safe to go along with the Move EmuNAND guide despite this issue? I'm also highly concerned that I may lose all of my data for my 3DS games in EmuNAND such as saves, and the installed games themselves.

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just do an extra Section VII - Backup SysNAND to play safe, then start again from
Section I - Prep Work to Section IV - Copy EmuNAND to SysNAND , then load the new sysnand to check whether it runs with no more errors. If still errors, still your emunand is unchanged and you have virtually no loss.

CeIIophane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just do an extra Section VII - Backup SysNAND to play safe, then start again from
Section I - Prep Work to Section IV - Copy EmuNAND to SysNAND , then load the new sysnand to check whether it runs with no more errors. If still errors, still your emunand is unchanged and you have virtually no loss.
I'm testing the SysNAND backup on a spare CFW 3DS before I go onto my main system to play even safer. However, there's a big step where I have to copy everything from my SD Card to my desktop, format the card and then move them all back. I recall a while ago on /r/3dshacks Reddit that I cannot simply copy files from the Nintendo 3DS Folder (specifically Streetpass-related) as "all files inside are encrypted." Won't I end up losing that important data if I go through with the copying and formatting?

CeIIophane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
err... pretty sure that a NAND from one 3ds won't work on another 3ds.
No, I mean I'm testing the method only on my backup 3DS first before I try doing it on my main.
Edit: "Play safer" was only alluding to emuashui's "to play safe." Regardless, I'm still stuck on my previous question.

Last edited by CeIIophane,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, I mean I'm testing the method only on my backup 3DS first before I try doing it on my main.
Edit: "Play safer" was only alluding to emuashui's "to play safe." Regardless, I'm still stuck on my previous question.
Copy the emuNAND to your sysNAND but don't delete your emuNAND. See if the sysNAND loads. If it does, delete the emuNAND, if it doesn't, then keep using the emuNAND like before.

Reactions: CeIIophane

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Last edited by emuashui,
Reactions: CeIIophane

CeIIophane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So your wanna restore the nand on another console (your backup CFW console) , like cloning 3ds mentioned in this ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/70gwgu/everything_you_wanted_to_know_about_the_3ds_but/
No no, I was only mentioning that I would attempt backing up the SysNAND and then doing the "Move EmuNAND" guide on a backup 3DS only, in case I make any mistakes that I can then avoid making on my main console. I did not mean for it to sound like cloning; my apologies.

Anyway, despite my fear of potentially losing any data during the process, the guide was successful on both consoles (respectively!) Thanks much, emuashui!

Reactions: emuashui

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    tional
    What is a Nintendo 3DS?

Like 3 Nintendo DS taped into one?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey @HiradeGirl , how you been. Hope all is well.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    DDDS
    +1
    @BigOnYa Everything's going great. It's just that real life happens.
    +1
    DSDSDS?
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    ohio is round on both sides and hi in the middle
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...