Hacking Is it safe to update my softmodded Wii?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can update your softmodded wii w/o lossing the softmod itself. i have done this and have asked the forums about 1month ago for help.

All you need is Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition and just that program using IOS58+AHRBOOT to install the selected System Menu.

It will tell you if you dont have the proper IOS to run this System Menu and would you like to install it so yes.

It mention about preserving Priiloader if you have it install select yes, also advised to reinstall Priiloader afterwards for precaution.

Install by WAD or Online Installation, I did a online install but it's not recommended if you lose power your brick; plus WAD installation is faster.

Also you can crab the System Menu from NUS from wiibrew.org just make sure to pack it into a WAD option box is clicked if you need help just let me know it's pretty strait forward and since more then likely you will have the latest Homebrew channel it wont be deleted leaving all your soft mods intact.

I did not even have to reinstall anything doing it this way all my cIOS worked perfectly smile.gif

Hope this helps

So if they tell you you will lose your softmod they are wrong :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout