Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Loadiine ever got USB support, it would be extremely useful for people who want to keep their hard drives formatted as FAT32, don't want to have to keep copying games to SD for installation etc.

I'm sure @Maschell had a POC for copying to USB, but it's limitations outweighed its usefulness with loadiine.

I could be wrong.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Don't know why that's happening as the euro version installed with no problems for me.

I get a failed install with EUR Pokken Tournament with WUP installer every time, soon after I press X to install to USB. Tried 2 different download sources and Tickets, yet same results and is the only title that has failed for me so far.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get a failed install with EUR Pokken Tournament with WUP installer every time, soon after I press X to install to USB. Tried 2 different download sources and Tickets, yet same results and is the only title that has failed for me so far.
Again I downloaded and installed that game with no problem have you tried using Wiiu USB download helper I have downloaded over a hundred games with that and all installed with zero problems.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Again I downloaded and installed that game with no problem have you tried using Wiiu USB download helper I have downloaded over a hundred games with that and all installed with zero problems.

Yeah, tried that and the latest uTikDownloadHelper too, same problem. I have tested around 40 games so far and all worked except that one (POKKÉN TOURNAMENT [00050000101DF500], so not sure what the issue is.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have Loadiine for VC DS, N64, NES, GBA, SNES working better than retroarch or vwii emulators.
And for the moment all my eshop games are loadiine because i want to keep my home menu clean with only ready to launch games.
As long as i have to launch something for eshop games on sysnand i prefer HL/loadiine.
And finaly it gets me 128gb more storage...

Last edited by barak06,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather use a loader that can play every game at an "ok" rate than an amazing loader that can play only a handful of titles I want to play.

Until there is a USB loader that can play games compiled or decompiled I will stick with Loadiine even if that day never comes.

Reactions: KiiWii

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
POKKÉN TOURNAMENT [00050000101DF500], so not sure what the issue is.
Believe it or not it's almost certainly the "É" in "POKKÉN":lol:. Rename the folder from "É" to "E", then try again.
I read somewhere that wupinstaller doen't like "special" characters.

Edit: :ph34r:'d

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still think it's relevant, it's the only way I can bring my games and their saves to another Wii U.
With Saviine you can do that with installed games too. It's just a little more complex and longer, than just simply copying from one SD to another.

Last edited by Spearel18,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
It's not the special characters thing is it? Try with E instead of É?

Believe it or not it's almost certainly the "É" in "POKKÉN":lol:. Rename the folder from "É" to "E", then try again.

Cheers. It was the special characters and it installed fine just now after renaming the folder. Thanks:)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

With Saviine you can do that with installed games too. It's just a little more complex and longer, than just simply copying from one SD to another.
That works for saves, but not for the games themselves.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
True that. But it's easy to install the game to another wii u again and then inject it.
You don't do these things daily....
I don't have spare HDDs just laying around that I can dedicate to someone else's Wii U. Plus, with Loadiine everything is self-contained on the SD, just plug it in and go to loadiine.ovh. Which is kind of important when I'm somewhere else without my own console and we want to play Wii U.
And the HDD I use with my Wii U is formatted for Wii games, I refuse to have 2 HDDs plugged in my Wii U. Another reason Loadiine is still relevant.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sure @Maschell had a POC for copying to USB, but it's limitations outweighed its usefulness with loadiine.

I could be wrong.
Yes, I abused the savegame folder for this.
In theory you could now put games onto your Wiiu formated HDD with fptiiU everywhere and change the path in the common.h to the HDD.
But thats not the way how USB support should be imlemented. Using FAT32/ExFat/NTFS partitions should be the way to go, not abusing the nintendo formatted WFS HDD's

Last edited by Maschell,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have Loadiine for VC DS, N64, NES, GBA, SNES working better than retroarch or vwii emulators.
And for the moment all my eshop games are loadiine because i want to keep my home menu clean with only ready to launch games.
As long as i have to launch something for eshop games on sysnand i prefer HL/loadiine.
And finaly it gets me 128gb more storage...
Re bold bit: no you don't......;), but for the DS sure, and while N64 is better in vWii in my opinion there is of course gamepad support, a big bonus!
Otherwise I agree, I'm pretty much exclusively booting into the HBL with quick start at the moment so can fire up Loadiine from there - the only real issue game is Fast Racing Neo with its long loading times (something I can probably sort out with region free I suppose), but I find loading the fw image takes as long as the extra time needed to load up games in loadiine anyway, so yep, still relevant for me too!

Last edited by mightymuffy,

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't have spare HDDs just laying around that I can dedicate to someone else's Wii U. Plus, with Loadiine everything is self-contained on the SD, just plug it in and go to loadiine.ovh. Which is kind of important when I'm somewhere else without my own console and we want to play Wii U.
And the HDD I use with my Wii U is formatted for Wii games, I refuse to have 2 HDDs plugged in my Wii U. Another reason Loadiine is still relevant.
Lets just say: Loadiine is much easier to manage and to bring anywhere with you, And Installing to system has much faster loading and more compatible.
But did you know, that you can do the other way round?:) You can use the SD for vWii(backup loaders + nintendont). And your USB to use with Wii U.
So everything comes down to personal preferences. That's the beauty of todays Wii U scene, so many options to choose from, and you can really customize on how you want to play! :yayu:

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lets just say: Loadiine is much easier to manage and to bring anywhere with you, And Installing to system has much faster loading and more compatible.
But did you know, that you can do the other way round?:) You can use the SD for vWii(backup loaders + nintendont). And your USB to use with Wii U.
So everything comes down to personal preferences. That's the beauty of todays Wii U scene, so many options to choose from, and you can really customize on how you want to play! :yayu:
My SD is for Wiiu/loadiine (eshop, vc, Minecraft Mario) + vwii (Gamecube) and I still need a hdd for Wiiu games 800GB and an another one for wbfs Wii games 200GB. So everything is needed.
I'm just waiting for complete cfw hack with only 1 hdd that I can access on my PC (Wiiu system files has to be decrypted) where I could drag/drop files to install whatever I want.... meantime...

Last edited by barak06,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That is true, I hadn't considered that. Though I have far more Wii games downloaded than Wii U games, so I wouldn't be able to fit even half of them on the 128 GB SD card, and that's not counting the 20-30 GB of GC games I have. I would like to be able to store Wii U games on the same HDD I use for Wii games though.

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
My SD is for Wiiu/loadiine (eshop, vc, Minecraft Mario) + vwii (Gamecube) and I still need a hdd for Wiiu games 800GB and an another one for wbfs Wii games 400GB. So everything is needed.
I'm just waiting for complete cfw hack with only 1 hdd that I can access on my PC (Wiiu system files has to be decrypted) where I could drag/drop files to install whatever I want.... meantime...
Wow... how the hell did you use up 400GB of wii games???:blink: The best I could do is a little more than 100GB, and I have all the games from the main franchises, and even games I don't ever use....(I have a Wii since 2006).
I'm using two HDDs bytheway: one for vWii(wii + gc games), and one for wii u games.

I would like to be able to store Wii U games on the same HDD I use for Wii games though.
Same here... *sigh.... :(:toot:

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow... how the hell did you use up 400GB of wii games???:blink: The best I could do is a little more than 100GB, and I have all the games from the main franchises, and even games I don't ever use....(I have a Wii since 2006).
I'm using two HDDs bytheway: one for vWii(wii + gc games), and one for wii u games.

Same here... *sigh.... :(:toot:
My bad, 200gb more or LESS :D

Reactions: Spearel18

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...