Hardware Is my 3ds xl dead?

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Earlier today i realized my lower screen did not work so i took my 3ds apart to see how the screen worked and what parts i needed to buy, but unfortunately when i put all together again it would not boot( curiosity killed the cat). Usually i would get a small flicker and some sort of pop sound and the led will turn for about a second. Sometimes my top screen glitches and shows gray verticle lines for a second and turns off. Rarely i get no response at all ( black screen and led). I tried to launch with no sd card but sadly im on A9LH so that is not an option. I noticed something odd with my top screen ribbon cable. I wouldnt call it a tear, but its an indentation on side. Like when you fold something back and forth and it seems brittle. Any help guys? Thanks.

Read my latest reply aswell

Last edited by Red9419,

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's likely just a poor connection with one of the ribbon cables, just take it apart and carefully and slowly make sure everything is facing the right direction and properly seated. Your original problem might have just been a loose ribbon too.

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's likely just a poor connection with one of the ribbon cables, just take it apart and carefully and slowly make sure everything is facing the right direction and properly seated. Your original problem might have just been a loose ribbon too.
I have tried that twice, but third times the charm i guess. May post pictures or videos if it helps later. Thanks

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not arm9 hacked is it? By that I mean could you have forgotten to put your MicroSD card back in? ( I know, dumb question, but I figured I would ask)

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Its not arm9 hacked is it? By that I mean could you have forgotten to put your MicroSD card back in? ( I know, dumb question, but I figured I would ask)
Yes i have A9LH. I also wondered if it could be a malfunctioning sd card because it usually would give my 3ds an error saying sd card was removed. I already tried with the sd card ( glitchy screen) and without( wont boot ofc). Ill try a different sd card later. Thanks

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it seems like the ribbon cable may be the problem. I opened up the 3ds to inspect any damage and i noticed the small indentation i mentioned above has now turned into a very small tear.i have included pictures but may not be that noticable.
nNuBuV7.jpg
pSvNJW9.jpg
Can anyone give advice? Is this flex cable the culprit or is it completely different. As i have stated the screen turns on a couple of times and flashes gray with lines which are a lighter shade of black. I though i accidently reversed the battery polarity, but that wouldnt make anything power on in the 3ds. Thanks

EDIT :FORGET WHAT I JUST SAID. It was actually the speaker cable. I have heard that this is a very problamatic cable. Since they are very cheap ill buy and test it.

Last edited by Red9419,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game