Hacking is my switch patched for fusee gelee?

jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
i recentlly got another switch this month, and finally got around to testing fusee gelee. i can inject payloads no problem, but my screen stays blank. even though the injector says sucess. it was on 4.1 when i got it, but i updated to 5.1...

am i out of luck?

(
also, just dropped my switch while typing this. now have a chip on the top that i will hate myself for forever.)

Reactions: bonkmaykr

4get9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Might be one then, since the ones I know are patched began with XAJ1007+
There are no patched XAW1007, but some XAW1008... I don't think about a link between J and W serials.
But I'm surprised to see a patched XAW10080X

And maybe a little bit stressed with my 100800 waiting for its jig... But I'm keeping hope....

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at this post

Does your output show 0x0000 or 0x7000 when smashing? 7000 is a vulnerable switch, 0000 is a patched switch.

20180731_205304.jpg
I presume this shows what you're looking for?

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 137956I presume this shows what you're looking for?

In this picture you have not successfully delivered the payload. Perhaps usb complications. I would suggest trying different usb ports, if you are currently using a blue 3.0 port, try switching to a black 2.0 port. If you are using the front usb, try switching it to the back.

But for whatever reason, your device has not received the payload because the final status message has not been received. Look at the post I showed you earlier and you'll see what yours is missing.

jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
In this picture you have not successfully delivered the payload. Perhaps usb complications. I would suggest trying different usb ports, if you are currently using a blue 3.0 port, try switching to a black 2.0 port. If you are using the front usb, try switching it to the back.

But for whatever reason, your device has not received the payload because the final status message has not been received. Look at the post I showed you earlier and you'll see what yours is missing.

I've tried multiple usb ports, yet to no avail. By using tegra rcm gui, it fully injects the payload. But tegra gui doesn't display any of the things that we're looking for...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tx has future support for patched switches so might as well wait for that.
As far as I've seen they haven't said they actually have anything for patched systems, just a "we are working on it" and trying to find a way into patched systems. We know there is more than the one bootrom exploit, so if only the one was patched there could be others that they use, so I'm not saying they don't have one. But I would just wait until they prove that they have one rather than going around saying they have one and then possibly later they end up not having one.

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
I've tried multiple usb ports, yet to no avail. By using tegra rcm gui, it fully injects the payload. But tegra gui doesn't display any of the things that we're looking for...

No, according to the image you've provided it definitely did not inject the payload. If it did, there would be a status return. I've had this happen to me with a switch that had a trinket install where the usb connections were bridged or reversed. Im not saying thats your situation, im just saying it has to do with your usb chipset, adapter or cable. If it did, you would have gotten either 0x0000 or 0x7000 as a status return in the cmd window.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As far as I've seen they haven't said they actually have anything for patched systems, just a "we are working on it" and trying to find a way into patched systems. We know there is more than the one bootrom exploit, so if only the one was patched there could be others that they use, so I'm not saying they don't have one. But I would just wait until they prove that they have one rather than going around saying they have one and then possibly later they end up not having one.

Not only that, but hexkyz confirmed you can display the info they got through a privsec exploit. So it could be a PR campaign, or perhaps they have a different bootloader exploit. I sure hope they don't burn a new exploit before a big hardware revision.

There's 16 million switches that are vuln. We have no reason to rush. Plenty of them in the wild.

https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1023588626611884033

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
True. Only time will tell though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow