Ask ChatGPT: What are the required steps to hack a Nintendo switch using the fusee geele method

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just playing with ChatGPT for something completely different and I decided to ask it about hacking the Switch.

There’s definitely some major gaps but it’s a good start…

The fusee-gelee method is a way to hack a Nintendo Switch by exploiting a vulnerability in the device's bootROM. This method is considered to be one of the easiest and most reliable ways to hack a Switch. Here are the key steps required to hack a Nintendo Switch using the fusee-gelee method:
  1. Research: The first step is to research the fusee-gelee method and gather all the necessary information and tools. This includes looking for tutorials and guides on how to use the method, as well as downloading the necessary software such as the fusee-gelee payload and TegraRcmGUI.
  2. Acquiring the necessary tools: You will need a PC, a USB-C cable, and the TegraRcmGUI software to inject the payload into the Switch.
  3. Putting the Switch into RCM mode: To exploit the vulnerability in the bootROM, the Switch must be put into RCM (recovery mode) by bridging the pins on the right Joy-Con connector while the device is powered off.
  4. Injecting the payload: Using the TegraRcmGUI software and the USB-C cable, the fusee-gelee payload is injected into the Switch while it is in RCM mode. This payload allows for greater control and customization of the device.
  5. Running custom firmware: Once the payload has been injected, the Switch will boot into custom firmware, which allows for greater control and customization of the device.
  6. Be careful with your actions: Running custom firmware and hacking a switch can be dangerous and can cause damage to the device, make sure you follow the instructions and are aware of the risks you are taking.
It's important to note that hacking a device without the owner's permission is illegal and can cause damage to the device, also keep in mind that hacking a Switch may also lead to the void of the device's warranty, and it can also prevent you from accessing the online features of the game.

Last edited by binkinator,

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't this be better for The Edge of the Forum? Although ChatGPT is interesting, it's not really related to the Nintendo Switch. I shouldn't have to mention that following an AI generated guide isn't the best idea.

Last edited by Thunder Hawk,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't this be better for The Edge of the Forum? Although ChatGPT is interesting, it's not really related to the Nintendo Switch. I shouldn't have to mention that following an AI generated guide isn't the best idea.
Appreciate your response.

That was the point, really, with the wealth of information available to the service it captured many of the Switch hacking terms and Switch scene tools but clearly did not produce a guide anywhere close to the top 3 guides we typically recommend here. I thought it was a Switch related topic, but if a mod would like to move it to EOF I’m at peace with that as well.

As for chatgpt itself, I think this response above falls under the posted warning of:

• May occasionally generate incorrect information

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: peteruk

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see any incorrect information, but yes, it's seriously lacking in details. At least it tells the wannabe hacker to look for a legit tutorial or guide in the first step.

Also, I wouldn't put that in the EOF. For me, it's a valid Switch topic, although the thread won't last above two pages.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any incorrect information, but yes, it's seriously lacking in details. At least it tells the wannabe hacker to look for a legit tutorial or guide in the first step.
The bot could have done better (but cheating for sure) to just post a snarky lmgtfy link and called it a day.
Also, I wouldn't put that in the EOF. For me, it's a valid Switch topic, although the thread won't last above two pages.
A shitty toptic? Yeah. I’ll plead guilty to that as a lesser charge.

• Haha
Reactions: Dust2dust

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Trivia: it can even write code using libnx, though using outdated one that relies on deprecated way of detecting buttons. :P And it clearly has issues with understanding why main loop is necessary for homebrew.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
What’s weird is that if you just ask ‘how do I hack x’ it will say that it ‘doesn’t support hacking or illegal activities’, but if you are specific e.g. how do I run homebrew, it will provide instructions.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What’s weird is that if you just ask ‘how do I hack x’ it will say that it ‘doesn’t support hacking or illegal activities’, but if you are specific e.g. how do I run homebrew, it will provide instructions.
Because limitations are implemented by humans manually with keywords instead of asking AI to ban talking about everything related to X.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trivia: it can even write code using libnx, though using outdated one that relies on deprecated way of detecting buttons. :P
…that’s kinda wild. They do note that chatgpt’s knowledge of post 2021 information is limited. Maybe we could train/prompt it to read more up to date references first. Lol
And it clearly has issues with understanding why main loop is necessary for homebrew.
So it IS just like me then... (kidding…sorta)
Post automatically merged:

it gladly tried to help me ”hack” my Nintendo. the title is a direct quote of my prompt. Maybe it‘s learning the word “hack” is contextual?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto