Is ROM 15.0.1 flashable?

Norona

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

this is my first post here and i apologize if it has been already discussed here in the forums. I haven't modded or flashed anything in over a decade so i am a bit ouf the game.

I have just purchased a second hand switch and going by serial number it definitely is modable. The original owner claims that everything about the switch is stock and that he has never done any modifications to it.

It is running ROM 15.0.1 and i am not even sure if this ROM is modable, let alone where to star as all the instructions i can find online are for much older version.

TIA

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All FWs are moddable. Just above 4.1.0 you have only one way to do that - through RCM in case of unpatched units or with soldered modchip for any other model.

So even if tutorial says "tested on 12.1.0", it doesn't matter as method doesn't change. Only what changes are ways to boot CFW (like with Atmosphere 1.0.0+ fusee-primary.bin changed name to fusee.bin)
Post automatically merged:

Plus to point out misconception from thread title - you don't flash CFW. CFW is applied to system in RAM on boot. You don't modify anything in NAND.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Norona

Norona

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
All FWs are moddable. Just above 4.1.0 you have only one way to do that - through RCM in case of unpatched units or with soldered modchip for any other model.

So even if tutorial says "tested on 12.1.0", it doesn't matter as method doesn't change. Only what changes are ways to boot CFW (like with Atmosphere 1.0.0+ fusee-primary.bin changed name to fusee.bin)

Plus to point out misconception from thread title - you don't flash CFW. CFW is applied to system in RAM on boot. You don't modify anything in NAND.
Thank you, i will look up some tutorial and go for it

Is there a tutorial you would recommend? There is literally a million pages and i have no idea which method would make the most sense.

Norona

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good morning,

i have done as instructed in the manual and prepared the micro sd card and purchased the switch jig. My problem now is that when i insert the jig on the right side and try to start it up with power and volume up nothing happens at all. No matter how long i hold the buttons.

Any recommendations?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

i have done as instructed in the manual and prepared the micro sd card and purchased the switch jig. My problem now is that when i insert the jig on the right side and try to start it up with power and volume up nothing happens at all. No matter how long i hold the buttons.

Any recommendations?

Your jig might be bad, as for how to test if your switch accept a payload or not, follow this

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good morning,

Any recommendations?
That's normal, you don't see anything happening on screen until you plug in the RCM dongle or inject with a PC or smartphone and USB-C cable. The fact that nothing happens is a good thing, it means the jig is working.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

Any recommendations?
What do you mean nothing happens at all? Does it enter RCM? Does it turn on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2