Hacking is sku.10403 a fake from DX

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah they are fake, even the picture showing the sd slot is of a fake.

Check the link below and it shows you that if it comes in a box then its fake.
http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html

I've just found this info on their forums which was posted by one of their a staff members.

"DSTT stock is available. Because of recent DSTT real/fake controversy DX warehouse is spending extra time to check incoming supplies, extra time is needed to do all these.

So be assured that your order will ship ASAP."

I can't understand why the dealexreme staff are so thick, because the only thing that they have do to check if they are fake, is to check that they come in a box,
because it clearly states on the DSTT official site that if they do then they are fake.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Got one of these today....it's fake. I've sent a message to the DX customer service but who knows what'll happen.
Oh and the microSD card is a HORRENDOUS fake....i could probably make a better card with some glue and scissors, some foil and a sheet of black plastic.

Bogard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got the same thing, and they haven't failed me...yet.

Important edit: I've also kept it on 1.15 firmware.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sod it...i'm not going to wait for them to get back to me since i wanted this as a nice simple cart for a present to my brother... unless i'm quick he'll get zip. Looks like i'll get him an Edge instead. Are fake Edge's going round on DX too?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, but there is a lot of speculation as to whether the Edge is itself a clone of the CycloDS.

You should consider the Acekard 2. It's not much more expensive than the DSTT, but has one of the nicest menus of any flash cart. It's a little less sturdy than the Edge, but otherwise I think is probably a better choice than the Edge for most people.

-Bri

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Bri....your input on these DSTT's of late has been especially helpful. I own a CycloDS myself, and that choice of the EDGE as an alternative was in part issued by the fact that the EDGE basically appears to be a clone (especially looking at their firmware updates!) However, having done some reading, and since it's intended for someone who just wants to play games, i've just bought the Acekard based in part on all the positive recommendations.

Let's just hope i don't get faked on that one too!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are no fake Acekards, but if you happen to get one that's not a 2.1, definitely return it for a 2.1. Or if you get a 2.1 that has a green PCB, consider returning it for a black PCB 2.1. The green PCB 2.1 is OK, but the black PCB is redesigned and uses up slightly less power.

-Bri

dbz5as

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now here comes the hard part for me...

What do i do next?

I know that DX has very bad customer service from previous experiences and they have lost my trust. Do you think that they will give me a replacement for it. Like what about they just give me an acekard for free and they keep my money for the DSTT. Is that even possible? I would be very nice though

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what i was going to hope for but since this is part of a gift i couldn't wait for the responses due to the 8 hour time difference in Timezone's between me and DX. I bought the replacement and i'll hope for a refund on the DSTT. If they'd rather send me a replacement i can always pass it on to someone else and cut my losses or just sell it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dbz5as said:
I know that DX has very bad customer service from previous experiences and they have lost my trust. Do you think that they will give me a replacement for it. Like what about they just give me an acekard for free and they keep my money for the DSTT. Is that even possible? I would be very nice though

I've heard the opposite about DX's customer service, that they are very fair. However, it's unlikely that they'll give you an Acekard. But you can get a refund which you can then apply towards an Acekard. They might even let you keep the fake DSTT, but if not they'll pay the return shipping.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn spam callers keep ruining my hentai games each time they're about to climax