Gaming Is the Wii home to alot of...cheap trash?

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Billy The wizard...Escape from Bug Island...Brunswick Pro Bowling...even Metroid Prime 3 wasn't as epic as it was supposed to be...

I really feel that it's getting dry now. I have a chipped wii and even though I could be playing all these wii games they all get boring too quickly. Except Resident Evil. Everyone has teh lovez for Resident Evil.

I ask you this: Do you think Developers enjoy making clear rubbish for the wii? Do you think they're doing it because it's the cheapest to produce for? And is it just me or are 60% of wii games out there filled with 'shoehorned motion control'?

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Quick math lesson, remember this in five years!

five years ago : OMG nintendo has no gaemz, PS2 has all teh gayemz!!! (sure, but the games were mostly shitty jRPGs, GTA knockoffs, racing games only your casual friends would play and gangsta extreme biking simulations)
today : OMG PS3 has no gaemz, Wii has all the shovelware!

The most popular console gets the MOST games. Proportionally, it WILL get the most SHITTY games.
Math lesson over, go back to waiting for Phantom Hourglass!

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yea i don't want to say this but wii is pretty much trash, but hey atleast you have modchips.
Actually i have a question. What happens after mario kart, brawl and galaxy is released? : D Will we get anymore good games? : D

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hitto is right. The most populair console will get the most games, and therefore the most shitty games.

The Wii won't get much more good games than the Gamecube had.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The PS2 had heaps of quality titles compared to the gamecube in its first year of life(but yes lots of shovelware too). The gamecube was still good though.

The Wii seems like it has few good games, I'm glad I own one though so I can play smash bros and mario galaxy. IMO the ratio of good/crap games on the Wii is ridiculously high in the shithouse variety
frown.gif
Makes me sad that the controls aren't nearly as good as I expected them to be:( Wii sports still has the best motion controls. I'm not bashing the Wii just giving my honest opinion.

mukimuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
one of the main reason for the porr games (exceptions being nintendo's own titles for the main), is that most publishers dismissed the wii before the madness started and everyone was buying it.
they were all busy ramping up dev for ps3 and or x360 presuming that sony would once again rule. unfortunately, they didn't count on sony's PR botches and over-priced machine.
by the time the publishers worked out that the wii was going to be a platform they needed to support it was too late, hence the bact of games with 'shoehorned' control. what you're seeing is games dev'ed in much less than the normal time frame, rushed out for a quick buck.
sad, but true.
hopefully, they have some proper titles just around the corner...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm starting to give up on the wii ever getting good games. Before anyone says they'll come. I've seen the release list for the next few months. It doesn't get me excited at all. Not many games use the Miis and not many fully use the wii mote. Only games I've liked so far are wii sports, Excite truck, red steel and Medal of honor. Only Excite truck I would pay full price for. I have even considered selling my modded wii, I'm that disappointed in it.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to give up on the wii ever getting good games. Before anyone says they'll come. I've seen the release list for the next few months. It doesn't get me excited at all. Not many games use the Miis and not many fully use the wii mote. Only games I've liked so far are wii sports, Excite truck, red steel and Medal of honor. Only Excite truck I would pay full price for. I have even considered selling my modded wii, I'm that disappointed in it.
Did you ever have a launch DS? Do you remember how long it took to get good games out for it? 1 year after release, the DS has ~100 games. Wii has more than that, and we are already starting to get good games.

Most developers have started making Wii games only recently.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree, get rid of all your Wiis people! There is no future in the system, get out before you're laughed at by all the strangers on the Internets.

Like others have said, other developers didn't consider the Wii worth anything. For so many years they have been in the polygon/texture/whatever wars for the most realistic graphics and stuff. The Wii wasn't fitting into that mindset, so they didn't care to port their lines of yet-another-gta/sports/awesome-mega-killer-blood-splatter-gorefest game.

Yet, for some reason, people bought the Wii. I mean, the PS3/Xbox360 can do 54 billion flipatixelathogons a second! So the developers are throwing a little money for a simple game, to bring in a few bucks. As their coffers get filled, they'll have the time/money to develop fuller games. It may well be another year before they master the Wiimote's motions. Try buying a Wii then, with a D2P chipset and 600 wires to solder on.

In time, there will be plenty of fun games. If you don't want to enjoy yourself now, put the Wii in the closet for a year, get yourself another system and do that for a while. But whining about it on forums isn't going to do anything productive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!