Hacking Is the Wii U hacking scene almost over?

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, first everyone was waiting for userspace on 4.0.0 to 5.1.0, then everyone was waiting for userspace on 5.3.2, then everyone was waiting for a public kernel exploit so they could pirate everything after MrBean and MN1 made ones last February, and now everyone's waiting for IOSU kernel on 5.5.1 so they can pirate even easier. Makes perfect sense >.> There's never been a scene cause everyone has their head too far up their ass except for five different people making everything now that there's some form of public kernel

Who are these pirates? The vocal minority? There isn't anything to pirate on the Wii U honestly. Most people here want the kernal exploit for game modding or homebrew development. Just because of these pirates, everyone else should be held back? :/

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who are these pirates? The vocal minority? There isn't anything to pirate on the Wii U honestly. Most people here want the kernal exploit for game modding or homebrew development. Just because of these pirates, everyone else should be held back? :/
That's plain false, most of the people waiting for IOSU want to pirate their games.
I'm not saying piracy is bad for the scene, it's actually good, but the majority of people want kernel mainly for piracy and see homebrew as a nice bonus.

Reactions: Exavold

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, there are several reasons I've mentioned before. 1) Once IOSU and emuNAND are released to the public, you'll need to upgrade your homebrew for the third time to use RPX anyways 2) Basically everyone competent enough to do game modding has access to either the public exploit or the private one, and anyone else should wait for better tools anyways since it's a pain like it is now. 3) I made an ELF loader for 5.5.1 for a reason, it works great and allows for a lot more space, it just doesn't have access to SD card or all the memory but with how premature it is you hardly need that much memory anyways. 4) There's still only one PPC kernel exploit and multiple IOSU kernel entrypoints.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Are there loads of people who want the IOSU exploit and kexploit just for Loadiine? Of course.
Are there loads of people who want to be able to use homebrew from the system menu without relying on a browserhax? Of course.

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Yeah, i already got all my games, hoped theres a hack for playing vWii with gamepad or playing Jap Disc on My US Console, something like that.
But every devs heres like to point that everyone is pirates, and keep their exploit for themself.

Reactions: Nikolay

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, there are several reasons I've mentioned before. 1) Once IOSU and emuNAND are released to the public, you'll need to upgrade your homebrew for the third time to use RPX anyways 2) Basically everyone competent enough to do game modding has access to either the public exploit or the private one, and anyone else should wait for better tools anyways since it's a pain like it is now. 3) I made an ELF loader for 5.5.1 for a reason, it works great and allows for a lot more space, it just doesn't have access to SD card or all the memory but with how premature it is you hardly need that much memory anyways. 4) There's still only one PPC kernel exploit and multiple IOSU kernel entrypoints.

Can the ELF Loader be developed to gain SD card access? All I want is to do file replacement for Sm4sh on 5.5.1 (Everything is ready on my SD Card. just can't test it)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Are there loads of people who want the IOSU exploit and kexploit just for Loadiine? Of course.
Are there loads of people who want to be able to use homebrew from the system menu without relying on a browserhax? Of course.
I buy game discs for my nephews. Our Wii U is at 5.5.1. Do I want title installer/back up loader? Yes because they are kids so they may carelessly damage the discs while swapping games. The convenience of digital games is necessary since digital copies from Nintendo Eshop is a pain in the ass in case the console has problem. Transferring account is not straight forward. So back up loader does not always mean piracy really.

Really want EMUNAND so we can have reliable Homebrew launcher & foremost have access to NAND back up, and satety for in case the kids mess up something terribly.

Anyways, all need IOSU exploit in full developed state.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: brienj

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the ELF Loader be developed to gain SD card access? All I want is to do file replacement for Sm4sh on 5.5.1 (Everything is ready on my SD Card. just can't test it)
No, unfortunately :\ you NEED kernel to escape the browser sandbox, unless you can somehow majorly glitch IOSU into giving the app different permissions with userspace, which I doubt, or if you somehow make a Smash Bros exploit which, have fun. I need to make sure SDCafiine is ported to 5.5.1 correctly anyways, never had any files to test it with. Normal Cafiine works fine, if that's any comfort, just limited by your router speed.
Yeah, i already got all my games, hoped theres a hack for playing vWii with gamepad or playing Jap Disc on My US Console, something like that.
But every devs heres like to point that everyone is pirates, and keep their exploit for themself.
That would require IOSU kernel exploit anyways, since you'd need to make a custom cafe2wii image to map it properly (if anyone wants to start documenting it to try, you have the keys and the image is on NUS, have fun).

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
No, unfortunately :\ you NEED kernel to escape the browser sandbox, unless you can somehow majorly glitch IOSU into giving the app different permissions with userspace, which I doubt, or if you somehow make a Smash Bros exploit which, have fun. I need to make sure SDCafiine is ported to 5.5.1 correctly anyways, never had any files to test it with. Normal Cafiine works fine, if that's any comfort, just limited by your router speed.

That would require IOSU kernel exploit anyways, since you'd need to make a custom cafe2wii image to map it properly (if anyone wants to start documenting it to try, you have the keys and the image is on NUS, have fun).

SDCafiine is what I need so I can use this at tournaments and other offline enviroments (planned on hosting the exploit + SDCafiine on my phone) So no choice but to wait I guess :/

mellma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just be patient.

I think we can trust Crediar when he said about Hykem's situation.
IOSU are released in private and some guys work to increase stability and some interesting fonction.

Just wait and see Wii u scene is not dead.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i'm waiting for it usb access via kernel. and its kinda for piracy purposes but i really don't have any games that i would download that i don't already own.

my biggest personal gain from emunand and usb loaders and being able to play any/all games is convenience. if that leads to piracy, then it does.

if no one releases anything interesting for the WiiU because as the public "we are not worthy" (btw this is what makes the scene dirty, not the pirates) i'm ok with that - we all got some great things for the Wii in its heyday it might be time to sit back and actually play rather than fiddle with things to get them set up properly and collect the entire set of games.

if there is anyone to take a lesson from - its the Wii devs and hackers. they did it right, they set a standard and now because people are childish and just want the glory of internet fame all we get is hatred, jealousy, mocking comments and attitudes and not pure unadultered hacking at its finest.

i am not a hacker - i aspire to learn and i envy these people but i just don't have the ambition to figure it out. i DO develop things randomly and when I do, the feeling i get is "wow this is awesome! i hope other people will enjoy this!" so i spread my ideas and work around (this applies to my personal work life).

its a shame that the WiiU hackers are the way they are and if this is the future of console modding/hacking, well that just sucks. i'm not trying to hate on anyone, but i hate the attitude that is associated with it. its a glory chase and a fuckboi tease.

/end rant :)

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I can count all the games for Wii U that are even worth playing on one hand, and at this point, everybody that is going to buy them, already has. You can not count people that would never have bought a certain game in the first place into the equation, since they never would have bought it, the game company never would have got that money anyway.

Also, as quickly as Cemu is progressing, most of the pirates are just going to play on an emulator like Cemu, because most of those types wouldn't want the hassle of setting it all up on the Wii U.

I buy game discs for my nephews. Our Wii U is at 5.5.1. Do I want title installer/back up loader? Yes because they are kids so they may carelessly damage the discs while swapping games. The convenience of digital games is necessary since digital copies from Nintendo Eshop is a pain in the ass in case the console has problem. Transferring account is not straight forward. So back up loader does not always mean piracy really.

Really want EMUNAND so we can have reliable Homebrew launcher & foremost have access to NAND back up, and satety for in case the kids mess up something terribly.

Anyways, all need IOSU exploit in full developed state.
I have thousands of dollars in video games, and every time I let my kids play them, on a system where they can play it without a disk, I have zero fear. For other systems, I always make them get me to put the disc into the machine for them, or else they just can't play the game. Wanting the means to play something off different media, doesn't mean you never purchased the game in the first place. Sure, there are plenty of individuals that don't buy anything, because they are poor or just asshats, but those individuals would never have bought that game in the first place.

Last edited by brienj,

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually think piracy would be profitable for nintendo at this stage of the wiiu's life the big N makes money on their hardware especially when they bundle in a game or two sales would go up profits would rise. Then they could jump ship to the NX!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's plain false, most of the people waiting for IOSU want to pirate their games.
I'm not saying piracy is bad for the scene, it's actually good, but the majority of people want kernel mainly for piracy and see homebrew as a nice bonus.

I don't know. The Wii U has what, like a MAX of 10 games worth buying? At this point don't the majority already have those? Or did they buy a Wii U and have been playing only Sm4sh since they got it? If so, pretty lame to own a console with only 1 or 2 games for it. I think most people actually DO want it (mainly) for homebrew purposes and not for piracy.

Reactions: brienj

Merzeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can count all the games for Wii U that are even worth playing on one hand, and at this point, everybody that is going to buy them, already has. You can not count people that would never have bought a certain game in the first place into the equation, since they never would have bought it, the game company never would have got that money anyway.

SMTxFE isn't out yet. :P I hold a certain level of pessimism towards localization, I expect some level of censorship, which will without a doubt piss me off. Honestly, hoping that someone way smarter than me can get rid of a lot of localization content removal, hinging on the exploits. I don't really care about missing things, but I do have a problem with the concept of content removal. (inb4 but muh pixel bewbiez reply)

XCX was something I bought despite it, but it still bothers me. Between that, and the arbitrary removal of content in several other games on Nintendo consoles, I have a bitter taste in my mouth. I mean, I remember when BMX XXX was the least censored on GC. Nintendo, one step forward, two steps back.

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know. The Wii U has what, like a MAX of 10 games worth buying? At this point don't the majority already have those? Or did they buy a Wii U and have been playing only Sm4sh since they got it? If so, pretty lame to own a console with only 1 or 2 games for it. I think most people actually DO want it (mainly) for homebrew purposes and not for piracy.

There are a lot of great games on the wii u but hey I'm a nintendo fan boy! The only game I can see them getting really upset about is the new Zelda game. But if you want the good version of that your gona have to buy the NX !

Last edited by Hazzer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: