Hardware Is there a battery upgrade for the "New 3ds"??

miss_nakano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I went back to the drawing board and came up with better approaches. Instead of the cigar shaped power bank by Anker, you can try using Jackery rectangular one for more flat contact attachment. Same mAh rating and also trusted battery brand as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Smallest-3350mAh-Portable-Charger/dp/B00L9F95RO/

61IhpdpIg7L._SL400_.jpg

N3_DS_Jackery_battery.png

Another approach is to use a flat, credit card shaped power bank attached to the back of the top screen plate. This one is 1500 mAh, which will supplement 1x battery life to the N3DS. You might need to get a 2nd top cover plate and glue the battery flush for low profile.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BWGT3PW/

41dc5whEf0L.jpg

412-HeBs32L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/ALLONE-micro-B-3DS-Adapter-Charger-Converter/dp/B0101UA2SS/

31kOupmYLRL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Lanyos battery + ALLONE adapter drawn to scale.
N3_DS_Lanyos_battery.png

The MHXX has enough interior volume for internal battery mod, so 3DS users with this hand grip like us can keep the function of the kickstand. Sorry I didn't photoshop, got lazy. It's possible to add USB input and output ports at the top if you want to stick to cable charging. Qi wireless charging requires some new relocated pegs to keep the grip structurally stiff. I don't think many people would try this semi-hardmod due to risk of destroying $50 accessory that'll get more rare to buy as supplies dwindle.

20180601_043017.png

20180601_043030.png

20180601_043042.png

20180601_043054.png

20180601_043113.png

20180601_043249.png

20180601_043300.png

20180601_043551.png

20180601_043730.png

This totally looks like the ultimate grip lol. But you're right, I most likely won't dare to try this as this could potentially ruin the mhxx grip. About it being rarer, I do think it is becoming rarer as nintendo have moved on to new2ds xl and mhxx grip for 3ds xl most likely wont be produced anymore(they are quite expensive on ebay and amazon too lol)

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
A larger capacity Lithium-ion battery will always be larger in physical space as well. So I'd bet a grip/case with a battery is your only option.

This is true, as you said, for the same technology, in the case of Nintendo devices like the New 3DS it is lithium-ion.

Good news: It is possible to achieve higher capacity, with the same size, with less weight, by another technology: lithium-polymer

Bad news: as I was searching the internet I could find no such replacement akku made with lithium-polymer technology with the same size as the original. The only hits I found was the mugen, which is huge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe