Is there a method to edit PS4 Fake PKG and remove files?

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. PS4 games are heavy (like 40-100 GB), and I wondered if we could remove unnecessary media such as other languages...etc.

Is it possible to edit fake packages? and remove files ?

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, orbis-pub-chk can do it. you can tell it which files to extract even, so you can just get out what you need, then rebuild. some games may not work or may require 0 byte dummy files. they may even have a toc with file sizes, so that won't work then. it's kinda a gamble. it's even that way with the ps3. the ps3 has a tool as part of aldostools ps3tools called ps3 ripper. it deletes the update file automatically, but you can tell it which languages to delete. they are indeed replaced with 0 byte dummy files. the original files are not deleted but are backed up in another folder just in case there's a problem.

Reactions: depaul

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, passcode for all fpkgs is 32 0's, so just hold the button and it will stop when it's supposed to. also, sc0 all goes in the sce_sys folder. the only file that's part of image0 that's in sce_sys is the keystone, maybe the right.sprx in the about folder, and possibly trophies. I know for sure the keystone is part of image0, just can't remember the other two. don't worry though. you don't need the right.sprx at all as orbis will create it for you. it's the copyright file when you press triangle and go down to information iirc on the home menu.

jation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Not sure if I can put link here, but you can search for enriquesomolinos pkgRipper. Or manually merge game + update, majority new games have whole game in update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty good. thats great fma takes more time to to build up the beginning. brotherhood rushed... +1