Homebrew Question Is there a way to completely disable error reports instead of deleting them at every boot?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,538
  • Replies 16

MrFrodo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opted to not share error codes with Nintendo in the system menu. I would assume they wouldn't read them from my console regardless... That would be a privacy violation I would imagine.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you disable the option to prevent sending error logs to Nintendo, there's still the possibility that some information will be sent. Clearing the logs with hekate might not be enough as developers stated that there's still the risk that some information is stored in the internal memory which they couldn't detect so far. Right now there isn't a method which we know to be safe.

Reactions: Deleted User

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I opted to not share error codes with Nintendo in the system menu. I would assume they wouldn't read them from my console regardless... That would be a privacy violation I would imagine.
They are banning people even if you opt out.

And no, it's not a "privacy violation" as you accepted their ToS.

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Facebook told you the same thing. Don't trust anyone, delete those logs!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lol
Delusional
Never have anything nice to say do you. Grumpy old man that hates himself

Sodapopcan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for Nintendo to force enable the error reporting in future firmware and take away the option to disable it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...