Homebrew Is there a way to edit Pokemon Battle Revolution save files?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i dont understand german, just really really basic, but i did get my way around in pokemon crystal lol, just smashed A and when that didnt worked select the other thing that worked lol
ok i see, well, probably with this other flashcart will be a nope as well but i guess i will just reassemble my nds since i am too lazy to get a new screen for it, the console works..
and i will try that other card, but i really dont see how that would work if i can't make it work with the DSTWO

was battle revolution compatible with Hgold and Ssilver? i didnt try those, i should try platinum as well.. i only tried with diamond, but since that the most basic one didnt work i see no reason why the others would..
I think Platinum does not use DS multiboot (download play), from memory in D/P what happens when you try to connect is the DS is sent a multiboot ROM that loads, which then white screens because it's unable to detect the game cart. But in Platinum the functionality is built in to the game so it doesn't need to load a multiboot ROM. I'm not sure about HG/SS.
I was actually surprised that Wii linkage didn't work correctly with the DSTWO since it was supposed to be the ultimate DS flashcart. I switched from a CycloDS so in that regard it was a bit of a downgrade. I have a CycloDSi laying around with the original box and flasher that has only been used once or twice if you still want one :P
Doesn't PKHex support Battle Revolution now?
That was mentioned in the very beginning of the thread if you bothered to read it :P

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Turaltay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I managed to change the game language and my profile name with this guide.

Apparently if you take a PBR Save file with any language, get the following tool for decompression:

Decrypt the save and edit the following lines in a hex editor:

0x000380-0x00039F to: 80 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 40 72 05 75 D3 5B 08 00 00 42 00 65 00 6E 00 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

and 0x0003C1 to: 4D

Encrypt it and it changes the name to "Bene", the save timer value is changed and the language is German!

Only thing i need to fix now are these two things:
- The Pokemon names in the Rental Pass, which are still english
- The Pokemon Box Team which is still english

I am sure that someone with Hexediting skills can do that.
Could anyone help me? This is my savefile.

Attachments

• PbrSaveData.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 348

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    But yes I would welcome MP4 too or even 2+3 remaster/HD to hold us over untill MP4
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Switch 2 Switched at birth
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I check brew almost daily (alongside tinfoil sorted on release date) for new games (and cry because of the amount of shovelware and hentai getting released), am unaware of the 2u site
    Super Switch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    HUB
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    And the switch 3 Router
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (every one of those fitting after network-, and all play part in the OSI networking layer model)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Aww how cool that site is Nintendo switch to me :D
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (de-URLing the URL 🤣)
    Switch 2 U
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (or do we call them URIs now?)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Yes to me, that's what I said as well 🙃😋
    Switch 2 Side Switching
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Swiitch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Oh lord, I actually can see Nintendo pulling that one, II for 2 and also a homage to the Wii
    Super Crown Bowser edition Switch lol
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutants looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
    Quincy @ Quincy: Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of...