Hacking Is there a way to install RetroArch for free on my Xbox One?

AnonymousGuy1460

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to get RetroArch on my Xbox One S in Retail Mode, since switching between Retail and Developer Mode takes a long time. The problem being that I don't want to risk my Developer account getting banned if I upload it myself. I can't buy another Developer account because I don't have any way of online payment.
Is there another way?

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you buy your developer account the first time? You really have absolutely zero ways to do an online payment?

If you are worried about your dev account being banned I would create a new separate dev account (yes that will cost 20 more dollars) and only use that to upload your own Retail Retroarch following T3's guide. Then if it gets banned it isn't tied to your main Xbox Live account etc.

But, sadly for you, I just don't see any way to get around the 20 dollar online payment. MAYBE if you are in school you can get one for free but YMMV.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where you live, but here worst come, you can go to any store and buy a Visa/ Mastercard/ American Express Gift card and use it online to make purchases, including Xbox stuff...Ok Good luck!

Reactions: Annieone23

AnonymousGuy1460

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How did you buy your developer account the first time
I didn't, it was still free back when i got my account.

You really have absolutely zero ways to do an online payment?
Yes

But, sadly for you, I just don't see any way to get around the 20 dollar online payment. MAYBE if you are in school you can get one for free but YMMV.
I'll see if my school lets me have a developer account, but if it's limited to only 1 free account per student I'm probably going to need it later.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how/why you can't buy a new developer account online? BigOnYa's post is a dead simple, no credit card needed, method. Buy a 20 dollar Visa pre-paid gift card IRL and then just use that online.

Hmm another method I just thought of might be earning 10 dollar MS gift cards through their rewards program (it's free to join). You basically make a bunch of bing searches every day and with luck you could have 20 dollars in a few weeks. Idk if there are any guides about that on GBATemp, but the Reddit community /r/microsoftrewards has a pretty thorough walkthrough on how to get the most points possible every day.

Also bruh, if you already have an account and the school gives you one for free (a hypothetical I know), that's TWO dev accounts. You'll be fine lol.

Cannon007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think you should worry too much if all you do is release RA for your own use. I think really the only time you would need to worry about your dev account being terminated is if you release it publicly, release it publicly and charge, or allow an insane amount of people to download it from your publication, it would make no sense for a closed beta program from a small developer to have millions of people downloading their closed program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good