Is there a way to make TWiLight Menu++ neat?

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

So my friend just purchased a Nintendo DSi from Japan. He's not very tech savy with modding/hacking/jailbreaking etc. So he handed it over to me.. However I don't have much experience with Nintendo DS either..

So basically what I've done so far is setup Twilight Menu with Ulaunch, so whenever I turn the DSi off/on it boots straight up. -- All that is fine.

I pretty much just follow this tutorial:

However is there any particular way to make the layout look a little more neater? I hate that there are just folders all over the place. I literally have to go into a Roms folder and open the NDS directory for me to see any games I've placed on the SD card.

Does anyone have any tips on how to clean this up, maybe a theme? Not sure. It would be nice to just turn the DSi on and see all the games right there, ready to go.. instead of "_gba, hiya, roms, title etc". My friend isn't concerned with playing any emulated games on the DSi (maybe with the exception of GBA). So is there a way to just eliminate all the other clutter?

I just want to set this up as simple as possible and hand it back to him.

Cheers.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a option inside TWLmenu to only show the games inside the game folder.
You can also choose a different theme in the settings of TWLmenu, should also be able with hiya.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: Tarmfot

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate that there are just folders all over the place. I literally have to go into a Roms folder and open the NDS directory for me to see any games I've placed on the SD card.
The roms folder isn't a strict requirement, ROMs can go anywhere except for the _nds folder. It should automatically start on the last viewed folder though
Does anyone have any tips on how to clean this up, maybe a theme? Not sure. It would be nice to just turn the DSi on and see all the games right there, ready to go.. instead of "_gba, hiya, roms, title etc". My friend isn't concerned with playing any emulated games on the DSi (maybe with the exception of GBA). So is there a way to just eliminate all the other clutter?
You can hide folders/apps by pressing X on it, then Y. This uses the same hiding functionality as Windows, etc.
You can also sort them manually, by going to TWLM++ settings and setting Sort Method to Custom. Then, you can move apps by pressing Up, like you can on the original DSi menu.

I pretty much just follow this tutorial:
Video guides generally aren't a great idea

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome stuff, thanks guys.. that was actually a massive help, it's already looking so much better.

Just another quick question .. I was watching some older videos from about 2-years ago regarding TWLM++ and it was advised to go into settings and make sure DSi mode is selected. However I can't see this anywhere. Is doing this redundant now and been updated to include it automatically?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome stuff, thanks guys.. that was actually a massive help, it's already looking so much better.

Just another quick question .. I was watching some older videos from about 2-years ago regarding TWLM++ and it was advised to go into settings and make sure DSi mode is selected. However I can't see this anywhere. Is doing this redundant now and been updated to include it automatically?
It has always been redundant, because DSi mode is used by default for DSi-Enhanced and exclusive games.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could remove the other empty folders inside the roms folder if you don't plan on using them (apart from nds & dsi), as they're for emulators like GB, NES etc..
And the TWilightmenu files are stored inside the _nds folder, so you shouldn't delete it.
And if you don't have sd nand set up, the root of the sd card should be much cleaner..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2