Is there a way to open Game Cart without destroying it?

yamilife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a gamecart that stopped working. I've tested it in multiple Switches and got the same error. Contacts are clear so I think maybe some solder joints broken or something and would love to investigate further but I couldn't find a tutorial on how to open the cartridge without destroying the case.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never tried but I am almost certain you can't.

I have disassembled a 3DS game (which I wanted to clean after finding it abandoned on a dirt path for some reason) and even with the most careful of efforts using a high quality pry tool, I STILL couldn't open it without making it unable to clip back together and needed to use a few dabs of clear super glue to seal it back up.

If they make the switch cards anywhere near the same way as a 3DS card, it's unlikely you're gonna get it open without permanent damage

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've never tried but I am almost certain you can't.

I have disassembled a 3DS game (which I wanted to clean after finding it abandoned on a dirt path for some reason) and even with the most careful of efforts using a high quality pry tool, I STILL couldn't open it without making it unable to clip back together and needed to use a few dabs of clear super glue to seal it back up.

If they make the switch cards anywhere near the same way as a 3DS card, it's unlikely you're gonna get it open without permanent damage
I´ve faced same problem years ago. The cart was destroyed indeed, but luckily one r4 (can´t remember which card exactly) served as new card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's like Mario 64 if Mario was retarded and brain damaged and hit by a garbage truck!