Is there a way to turn off auto-RCM without loader/jigg?

FreeLander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
A customer sent me an unpatched V1 with Auto-RCM for modchip installation. I don't have the RCM payload nor the jigg, is there a way to turn it on without these? I did installed a Picoflly but it won't turn on. Thanks

FreeLander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should use a trinket M0 instead.
Sadly, I have non in hand. Picofly does turn on but gives me a *=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?). What would you do? Should I get a jig and inject it manually, turn off RCM, then re-install picofly?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I have non in hand. Picofly does turn on but gives me a *=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?). What would you do? Should I get a jig and inject it manually, turn off RCM, then re-install picofly?

You should have turn off autorcm before install picofly, if it Trinket M0 was installed it would have work fine.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Temporally disconect PicoFly, then let the console autostart on RCM and as is an unpatched console, when loading Hekate press VOL- then once you are on NYX disable AutoRCM.

But if is a Patched unit you got onto a brick, the only way will be connect the EMMC chip to a PC and use NXNandManager to edit the chip's contents to remove AutoRCM YOU NEED THE CONSOLE KEYS for that.

Reactions: Hayato213

FreeLander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all. The console doesnt start so I disconnected PicoFly, connect it to a pc and injected a payload and it shows a red battery logo with lightning. I’ve read that rcm consumes battery heavily. Should I let it start?

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
You don't need a jig to turn autoRCM OFF. If you are in autoRCM you should be able to push Hekate's payload from TegraRCM and from there disable the autoRCM. IF what you meant was to enable autoRCM then you'd need a jig to enter RCM mode and then push a payload.

Reactions: FreeLander

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you all. The console doesnt start so I disconnected PicoFly, connect it to a pc and injected a payload and it shows a red battery logo with lightning. I’ve read that rcm consumes battery heavily. Should I let it start?
AutoRCM per se do not discharge your battery, but if the console have AutoRCM and no auto payload injector, the console can be turned on but the screen remain completely black so you think the console is off and the battery is discharging.

you need to let the console connected to original charger about 1 hour before continue testing because on RCM the charging is slow as hell.

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you already opened the console short the pins manualy and turn off the autorcm in hekate. You don´t even need an sd card

FreeLander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, quick update.
I managed to inject it using PC (auto-RCM was off), and I was greeted with Hekate saying eMmc is initiated in slow mode, more info shows the error " failed to init", when I reboot to OFW, I get a black screen.

When I installed Picofly, I got the color code *=* which, you guessed it, indicated eMmc initiation failure.

What do you guys think? Is it fixable?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I managed to inject it using PC (auto-RCM was off), and I was greeted with Hekate saying eMmc is initiated in slow mode, more info shows the error " failed to init", when I reboot to OFW, I get a black screen.

When I installed Picofly, I got the color code *=* which, you guessed it, indicated eMmc initiation failure.

you have damaged the EMMC or shortcuted some traces, look if you can remove the EMMC chip and under microscope look at it, or reball the chip.

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

Is that switch an OLED? if it is, highly likely you messed up the emmc during the installation of the picofly.

Reactions: impeeza

FreeLander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnks guys, I did not do anything to this switch It was received as is. He thought a modchip would fix the slow emmc error. I reflowed the emmc but no luck, the switch was returned to him.

Thank you all.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

also you can disconect the emmc sub board verify all pins on conector and reseat, may be it moved
Post automatically merged:

Thnks guys, I did not do anything to this switch It was received as is. He thought a modchip would fix the slow emmc error. I reflowed the emmc but no luck, the switch was returned to him.

Thank you all.
That was a better judment call, the EMMC (or connectors) are damaged, need to put a new EMMC on it and use recover procedures to create a new SysNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop