Is there an Alan Wake 2? Some sort of sequel planned or something?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just completed Alan Wake on pc and found the game to be EXCELLENT (Must play if you haven't already) and I was just wondering if there was a sequel or something similar planned for the game?

Also, quick question while I'm here: Does the XBOX version of Alan Wake differ from the PC version? If so, how, anything major?

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, I'm not sure if the Xbox version differs so much from the PC version, I wouldn't think so? ...but I do hope there's a sequel on the way. It was like you said, an excellent game. Somewhat confusing at times, but great fun nonetheless. I have the original game and this sort of spin-off "sequel" game from XBLA called "Alan Wake's American Nightmare." It's pretty fun, but it sort of gets repetitive and I find it to be a lot of action and less story. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Steam, the PC version includes...
  • Includes Alan Wake Special Episodes “The Signal” and “The Writer”
  • Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than the Xbox360 version.
  • Fully configurable mouse and keyboard support, or if you prefer to play with the Microsoft gamepad connected to your PC, you can do that too!
  • Lots of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios!
  • Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs.
  • Additional features our fans have sought after such as field of view adjustment as well as “hide HUD”.
  • Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode.
They're basically the same game though, if anything Alan Wake PC is just incredibly well optimized.

For a sequel, I wouldn't be surprised though. The Xbox version didn't sell too hotly but the PC version, combined with the Xbox version, broke the million mark and was actually really profitable. It was a massive hit with fans too. There's a sorta-sequel with Alan Wake's American Nightmare but no "Alan Wake 2".

However, it can quite possibly happen, although I though Alan Wake took quite a long time to develop and I doubt they'd be taking shortcuts on a proper sequel.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually Alan Wake broke the 2 million mark a few days ago :) http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339789/alan-wake-sales-top-2-million-series-has-a-future/

Remedy Entertainment has stated that "there is still a future for Alan Wake" (via Oskari Häkkinen, Head of Franchise Development at Remedy Entertainment). In other words, we'll be seeing some kind of sequel on top of American Nightmare.

It's a pity that the game was developed partially with Microsoft's money, since I'd have loved to see the game on the PS3 (and on the PC earlier than now).

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's Alan Wake: American Nightmare on the Xbox 360. I wouldn't call it a full sequel (It's more like a stepping stone to a sequel, really), but it is great. If you loved Alan Wake and have a 360, then I'd definitely recommend it. If you don't have a 360, I wouldn't be too surprised if it made its way to Steam sometime in the near future.

And yeah, there's no confirmation of an actual Alan Wake 2 yet. Considering its recent successes, however, the franchise's future is certainly looking bright.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious