Apple Is there an Angry Birds Level Editor?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was this supposed to be a post, or did you mean to make a thread with no back story?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Was this supposed to be a post, or did you mean to make a thread with no back story?

You have to post to make a thread.
lecture.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Team_Subspace said:
well then is there a way for me to do it on a computer then?
Sure. SSH into your iPod/iPhone/iPad and dump the levels to your computer. Then open them in a Hex editor and reverse engineer the level format. Modify what you want, replace them by SSH (definitely backup the original levels first) and play. Of course, be careful if you actually do decide to do this. Don't replace any files unless you're sure they're the right ones.

EDIT: Apparently on the N900, the levels are all written in Lua, and by the looks of things VERY easy to edit. All you need to do is decompile them and edit. You don't even need to recompile, it'll work with the decompiled Lua scripts. May be different on iOS devices, but I don't really see why it would be...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have no idea what directory the Angry Birds resources would be in, I don't own any iOS devices, so don't know anything about the directory layout of them.

Also, as I realised they are Lua scripts, disregard my suggestion of using a Hex Editor. Instead, get a Lua decompiler (just google for one, I have never used one, so don't what one to suggest), and then edit the decompiled levels in a text editor (Notepad or similar would do the job, but I recommend something like Notepad++). On the N900, you don't need to recompile the levels, just copy the decompiled level back to your phone, so I assume its the same on iOS devices.

Gaz777

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The levels do seem to be stored as compiled lua files.

You could always unpack the .ipa file, its a zip file, the the levels would be in "\Payload\AngryBirds.app\data_iphone\levels"

On you iphone/ipod/iPad they are in "/private/var/mobile/Applications//AngryBirds.app/data_iphone/levels"

if you have SBSettings on your iphone/ipod/iPad if you open it to where you can change brightness etc. press the 'More' button, then go to the bottom and press 'App Folders'
Finally find Angry Birds and it'll tell you the path.

Now you just have to find out how to decompile them.

Let me know how you get on, I'd like to know if you get them decompiled

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaz777 said:
The levels do seem to be stored as compiled lua files.

You could always unpack the .ipa file, its a zip file, the the levels would be in "\Payload\AngryBirds.app\data_iphone\levels"

On you iphone/ipod/iPad they are in "/private/var/mobile/Applications//AngryBirds.app/data_iphone/levels"

if you have SBSettings on your iphone/ipod/iPad if you open it to where you can change brightness etc. press the 'More' button, then go to the bottom and press 'App Folders'
Finally find Angry Birds and it'll tell you the path.

Now you just have to find out how to decompile them.

Let me know how you get on, I'd like to know if you get them decompiled

http://luadec51.luaforge.net/ - I believe that was the tool used to decompile them for N900. You could try that.

Gaz777

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
http://luadec51.luaforge.net/ - I believe that was the tool used to decompile them for N900. You could try that.

I gave it a try and it returned an error:
luadec.exe: Level1.lua:1: '=' expected near '?'

I know nearly nothing about lua files and even less about decompiling them, I'm guessing it could be encrypted, using a different version, or changed in another way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok