Homebrew is there an Volume Management homebrew?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I only have like 5 or 6 volume options when I slide the slider to certain positions. anything higher than FB, FC, or FD is FF. My volume slider works just fine, but I got the configuration with volume or something messed up when I was using Shutterbug2000's NTR corrupter plugin. I got a MK7 corruption so loud that I could hear it with the volume slider all the way down. I can confirm that it isn't a hardware issue though.

Yeah, you're not supposed to move the slider while the volume adjuster code is running, I forgot to put a warning in it, oops...

I have no idea how it's possible to crash the 3DS so hard that the sound goes maximum volume. If it got really loud when it wasn't loud, that means that the corruptor was doing very naughty things, and you should stop using it, as it could lead to your 3DS never turning on again, based on what you described.

Edit: clarification:

The 3DS uses integer audio, not floating point, meaning that there is a well-defined limit to how loud it can get.
If it got louder all of the sudden, that means that something touched either the MCU (handles CPU power management, timekeeping, gyroscope, and LCD backlight power management) or the CODEC chip (handles audio, touchscreen, and CirclePad), normally none of which are just accessible without deliberately trying.
If these really got touched, then that means that there is a chance that it might touch the MCU in a way which could lead to your 3DS never turning back on again without reprogramming the MCU chip.

Last edited by Sono,

3DGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you're not supposed to move the slider while the volume adjuster code is running, I forgot to put a warning in it, oops...

I have no idea how it's possible to crash the 3DS so hard that the sound goes maximum volume. If it got really loud when it wasn't loud, that means that the corruptor was doing very naughty things, and you should stop using it, as it could lead to your 3DS never turning on again, based on what you described.

The 3DS uses integer audio, not floating point, meaning that there is a well-defined limit to how loud it can get.
If it got louder all of the sudden, that means that something touched either the MCU (handles CPU power management, timekeeping, gyroscope, and LCD backlight power management) or the CODEC chip (handles audio, touchscreen, and CirclePad), normally none of which are just accessible without deliberately trying.
If these really got touched, then that means that there is a chance that it might touch the MCU in a way which could lead to your 3DS never turning back on again without reprogramming the MCU chip.
Are there any better corruptors?

3DGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it possible to fix the volume?

Ozican

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Sorry for the delay, it's hard to work on 22month old (2017/08/29) code in the heatwave.

Usage:
SELECT - exit
UP/DOWN - change the volume in 1/64 steps
LEFT - change volume to 0
RIGHT - change volume to 0F / 1F / 2F / 3F / 40 (100%)
L+R - pause music
X/Y - speed up / slow down music

Every time you start this prorgam, it resets your volume to 0, so you don't get blasted again by the loud menu music in case your slider got stuck on a high volume.

Meaning of the text:
- SET: this is what percentage you plan on setting your volume to
- VOL: the first value should be as close to the SET value as much as possible
- VOL: the second value is what value your slider is stuck at; if you can still move your volume slider, try to place it into the 40 to C0 range for maximum adjustment possibilities
- RNG: these are the raw values used for generating the raw VOL value
- OUT: the actual volume outputted by the hardware, should be as close as possible to SET
Hi. Im quite new to things like these and I have a 3DS with cfw which has a broken volume slider. I have few questions. Is this cia still works for volume adjustment? Can i use it with Luma Cfw 3DS? And lastly how do i download it to my 3DS if it works. Lastly im sorry for my bad English.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi. Im quite new to things like these and I have a 3DS with cfw which has a broken volume slider. I have few questions. Is this cia still works for volume adjustment? Can i use it with Luma Cfw 3DS? And lastly how do i download it to my 3DS if it works. Lastly im sorry for my bad English.

Yes, it would even work on unmodified 3DS if it was possible to cryptographically sign the .cia for the system, so it could be installed.

Yes, it does work with Luma. If you already have Luma, then you should have FBI program on your 3DS.

• Download the .cia into your 3DS SDCard
    • if you must remove the SDCard from your 3DS to put the file on it, power off the 3DS before removing the SDCard!
    • Put the SDCard back into your 3DS before powering it on!
  • After putting the .cia on your SDCard, find FBI on Home Menu and open it
  • In FBI, find the "Install" option, and select the .cia you put on the SDCard
    • It will ask if you want to install it, press on Yes
  • Power off your 3DS and power it on
  • A new icon will appear on gray background with small Mario on it
Every time you power on your 3DS, you can open the small Mario icon program, and set the volume. If you want to change the volume while playing a game, you must exit from the game before you can open the small Mario program again to change the volume.

Ozican

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Yes, it would even work on unmodified 3DS if it was possible to cryptographically sign the .cia for the system, so it could be installed.

Yes, it does work with Luma. If you already have Luma, then you should have FBI program on your 3DS.

• Download the .cia into your 3DS SDCard
    • if you must remove the SDCard from your 3DS to put the file on it, power off the 3DS before removing the SDCard!
    • Put the SDCard back into your 3DS before powering it on!
  • After putting the .cia on your SDCard, find FBI on Home Menu and open it
  • In FBI, find the "Install" option, and select the .cia you put on the SDCard
    • It will ask if you want to install it, press on Yes
  • Power off your 3DS and power it on
  • A new icon will appear on gray background with small Mario on it
Every time you power on your 3DS, you can open the small Mario icon program, and set the volume. If you want to change the volume while playing a game, you must exit from the game before you can open the small Mario program again to change the volume.
Thank you a lot. I downloaded the app but i can't save the volume i set on or i can't get the volume from my stereos. I'm sure that my stereo is working because i can hear system sounds and camera shutter. Also i downloaded the cia from the first post of yours. Could it be the problem?

Last edited by Ozican,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you a lot. I downloaded the app but i can't save the volume i set on or i can't get the volume from my stereos. I'm sure that my stereo is working because i can hear system sounds and camera shutter. Also i downloaded the cia from the first post of yours. Could it be the problem?

The volume doesn't save, and that is correct.

The way this works, is that the volume slider is expected to stay in place, and so I adjust the *range* of the volume slider, so whatever position it's stuck in, I adjust the deadzone closer to the top or the bottom of the volume slider's position.

The reason it doesn't save is because the system reloads the volume slider deadzone values every time you boot the 3DS OS.

I don't know why sound wouldn't work.
Camera sounds (and some bleeps and bloops) bypass some volume adjustments, and play the sound directly, so that's why they aren't affected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IIbOZmwvI