Homebrew Is there any Circle Pad Calibration Tool, Adjusting Dead-Zones?

Vesker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firstly, a happy and healthy 2021 to us all! I hope you're all well and safe.
Now, the reason I'm creating this thread is because my New Nintendo 3DS XL is having calibration issues with the Circle Pad(not Pro) for the past weeks.
At first I just used the 3DS Circle Pad Calibration tool and everything went smoothly for a day, then it would decalibrate again. Today I woke up and booted up SMT Strange Journey, after playing a while my character began to move to the right non-stop. It had decalibrated again. So I tried to calibrate the Circle Pad, but to my surprise, it failed, then it failed again and again and again.
I reverted to Default Values and I couldn't get the pointer to touch the Left Triangle, it's completely decalibrated to the right.
After 50+ attempts I managed to calibrate it( I have no clue how, I guess the 3DS took pity on me).
I downloaded 3DSident to see the Circle Pad's X axis resting position: 0036
The Circle Pad's Deadzone is (-040, 0040)
It takes just a little tap(+5 units) to move out of the Right's Dead Zone, while it takes -77 units to the left.

I looked everywhere for an "easy fix", but to no avail. The solution is to take apart the n3DS and change the Circle Pad. So here I am, making this Thread looking for a light at the end of the tunnel.
The 3DS Circle Pad Calibration is unreliable and you can't input values manually. Is there any Homebrew app that lets you adjust the Circle Pad's Deadzone manually?
Or am I really out of luck and that's that?
Were I live there aren't any competent hardware repair shops and since it's a very niche problem on a very niche system nowadays, I'm really hopeless. I really don't want to try and repair it myself, I'm not confident about it at all, the hardest thing I took apart was my GTX 970 to clean it and reapply thermal paste and it was nightmarish.

TL;DR: My n3DS Circle Pad DZ is decalibrated to the right and the n3DS Calibration Tool keeps failing and it's unreliable. It's a matter of time until it completely decalibrates out of the DZ again, rendering gameplay impossible. Isn't there any Homebrew app that lets you calibrate the Circle Pad DZ Manually?

Thank you all and a happy new year to us!

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_202152_1.jpg
    IMG_20210101_202152_1.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20210101_202218_1.jpg
    IMG_20210101_202218_1.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20210101_202235.jpg
    IMG_20210101_202235.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited by Vesker,

Vesker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Guess I'm out of luck, then. I really hoped there would be a way to adjust the DZ of the Circle Pad manually, just like some emulators or even controller softwares on PC.

Is there any difference between those parts you posted other than the website?
AliExpress ones are a lot cheaper than the ZedLabz's.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. Happy 2k21 o/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1