Is there any reason to still use an XBOX 360?

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though a lot of 360 exclusives were later ported to PC and other consoles, rereleases are often changed enough to alter the experience. So to me it's similar to playing a 16-bit console on a CRT vs a modern TV with widescreen hacks. You don't necessarily need to play on one or the other to enjoy them, but if you want the original experience as the game designers meant it to be, original hardware is still preferred.

momodora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
* Akai Katana
* Chromehounds
* Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
* Deathsmiles
* Dodonpachi
* Espgaluda II
* Fable II
* Lost Odyssey
* Mushihimesama Futari
* Muv-Luv
* N3
* P4 Arena
* Vanquish

There's tonnes of reasons to have a 360

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorta stupid thing to ask but if one would seek to open up full backwards compatibility on an Xbox 360 so they could play their classic Xbox games on that they never were officially made backwards compatible for stupid licensing reasons, can it be done?

I always wanted to play my Matrix games on my 360, and waited for them to be made backwards compatible but it never happened supposedly due to licensing issues. I did hear about some unofficial patches/hacks for the 360 that can basically open it up fully to all previous Xbox games. If this is true I would love to get my Elite out of storage and hack it to make it so.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorta stupid thing to ask but if one would seek to open up full backwards compatibility on an Xbox 360 so they could play their classic Xbox games on that they never were officially made backwards compatible for stupid licensing reasons, can it be done?

I always wanted to play my Matrix games on my 360, and waited for them to be made backwards compatible but it never happened supposedly due to licensing issues. I did hear about some unofficial patches/hacks for the 360 that can basically open it up fully to all previous Xbox games. If this is true I would love to get my Elite out of storage and hack it to make it so.

Video outdated but yes you can

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

manfire7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought my first Xbox console, a 360 Slim, this past week. Zero of the "games" I want to run have "cracked" (read as malware-filled) versions for PC. Almost all of them require Kinect, which is not (ever) going to be supported by the X360 emulator, etc. Perhaps there is no reason for you, Mike, to have a 360. But why would you assume that was true of the other 7 billion of us?
Why do you say it will never be supported by the emulator? Kinect for windows was a thing and you can connect 360 Kinects to PC if you have the power adapter to use it with phat models. Unless I'm missing something here it seems like it is very much possible just not likely to happen very soon.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a trinity hooked up to my aio PC (has hdmi in)i still play some games on it oddly can't get the bc emulator working (tried fable TLC but it black screens on boot) and I also play a very raunchy version of DOA 5 too i rarely go online though i'm on a stealth server (free but fueled by doonatiions yes onines pretty much dead but still a great library of games

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who owns a very strong PC with a big steam library, Switch, Wii U, PS3, and PS4, I find the Xbox 360 to be a nice console to play with. Having most of the Sonic games on it and being able to play Sonic Free Riders are 2 of my biggest reasons.

Very good reason!

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
360 has plenty of exclusives and some PC ports are completely broken. Look at Saints Row 2, on 360 it runs fine but on PC it has frequent crashes, if your CPU is clocked too high it increases the speed of the game (not the FPS but the actual simulation speed), and none of the DLC were ever ported over. Some games on 360 have quirks as well. The 360 version of Black Ops won't spawn zombies in newly opened rooms until the next round but it does on PC. Small things but if you're feeling nostalgic for games you played on 360 they don't feel quite right on PC.

Edit: Also barely any of the XBLIG library made it to PC so they will only ever be playable on 360 unless Xenia adds avatar support

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how people are still making original Xbox videos and buying them up while only modding them with a few clicks these days vs how you use to need a old pc and mod chip should say alot about the Xbox community.

I hope the 360 becomes just as simple to hardmod as the original Xbox is now days. Modding communities will never die that's why it irritates me so much when people say things are impossible just because they think it can't be done. We sure came along way from needing to kamakazi a 360 drive in order to play back ups. Even when Microsoft decides to stop online support people will still play it just like how they do with the original Xbox.

Reactions: BigOnYa

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought lost odyssey and blue dragon for the series x. they were, possibly still are, on sale with xbox gold, for about $11 total. they're marked down like 75% compared with without gold and gold and gamepass for new subscribers is $1 for the first month.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my RGH slim covered in dust though I havent played it since 2013. So many games have ported or remastered to the current Gen/PC. Unless you enjoy hacking a console thats the only reason to power it on otherwise you either get a PC or a Series X/S and grab the Time limited 360 games on the gamepass. Games like the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy are only playable on the current xbox consoles... wtf Sony? if you dont have a good PC to run them.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my RGH slim covered in dust though I havent played it since 2013. So many games have ported or remastered to the current Gen/PC. Unless you enjoy hacking a console thats the only reason to power it on otherwise you either get a PC or a Series X/S and grab the Time limited 360 games on the gamepass. Games like the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy are only playable on the current xbox consoles... wtf Sony? if you dont have a good PC to run them.
That is true about final fantasy xiii. With the series x, you get I think a 4k upgrade for the 3 games.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sometime I use my Xbox 360, game are cheap and some some of them are really cool ! :)
Yea. Although to some extent the PC might be better in some aspects in getting a better experience in 7th gen games the 360 still has a place.

The games are cheap Unlike gamecube games that go up for a lot of money on eBay and I think you can make for some cases about wanting to own it for very specific titles that xbox backwards compatibility or other re-releases don't really have you covered for.

People overall need to give older stuff (or games) a chance, I agree, and at least it's probably not that worser compared to the performance that you'd get on the Nintendo Switch.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is 15, since the Xbox 360 came out 2005 it came out before he was even born.

Shouldn't automatically discount something just because it's before your time. I respect young people who are willing to give older games a chance and not just think because it's before your time it's not any good. IMO it's fair to say most of the greatest games ever made did not come out recently.

Xbox 360 is not even in my top 5 consoles of all time either, or maybe 5th, 6th or 7th best. Plenty of other good consoles even before it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram