Is there any reason to still use an XBOX 360?

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
same reason why people still like to use master system, mega drive, nes, snes, psx, saturn, n64.... why anyone going to stop playing those consoles? because they aren't the "actual generation"? and homebrew rules! ps2, for example, got more cool homebrews (like mcboot, play from usb etc). that's why.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games are the only industry where if you play older games kids think you must be poor lol.

If you listen to older music, it doesn't mean you're poor kids will just assume you're old.
If you watch older movies, no problem. Especially around Christmas even young kids still love some classics.

But if you play older games, the only possible explanation is....

SvXbEAK.jpeg

Alopexau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What a stupid, stupid question.

Even if it didn't have any exclusives (which is a big lie), the number of games not released on PC that gen that were superior on 360 over the PS3 is vast, including the venerable Red Dead Redemption.

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A modded 360 is basically your go to system if you want to play most OG Xbox games. Many are not supported on One X|S and Series X|S but the 360 supports almost all if you use the latest hacked Microsoft emulator

Edit: I have to admit tho that some games are very buggy and the input lag can sometimes be a little…. rough. *cough* San Andreas low rider monogame *cough*

There is also a bug at the start of Conker Live and Reloaded where you have to press a in the right frame otherwise the intro cutscene won’t stop and controls won’t work. It’s a bit rough but the games work fine

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games are the only industry where if you play older games kids think you must be poor lol.

If you listen to older music, it doesn't mean you're poor kids will just assume you're old.
If you watch older movies, no problem. Especially around Christmas even young kids still love some classics.

But if you play older games, the only possible explanation is....

SvXbEAK.jpeg
tbh there's nothing wrong being poor and wanting to enjoy some games anyway ... I bought a used xbox 360 cuz I missed out on it when I was a kid; I tend to buy tech that I couldn't afford when I was a kid although I have a beefy gaming pc

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my 360 still, in fact, 3 friends and I have a Kinect Bowling League we do every year in the cold months, is fun. One week the game is played at my house, then next week at Bob's house, etc. We may start a golf league also come this spring, with Kinect season 2 golf. I also play NCAA Football 14 on it quite often, because it's not backwards compatible on the One.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 has loads of arcade ports which are not backwards compatible on later Xbox consoles, for example to name a few:
  • DoDonpachi
  • Espgaluda 2
  • Akai Katana
X-Men, Turtles, and Simpsons Arcade are my top three delisted games.

I can't believe Simpsons Arcade was never released on the SNES or Genesis.

TMNT 3 for PS2 has the Arcade game as an unlockable once you play all of Episode 1 (I did it and it was very monotonous). So, you can play TMNT Arcade on PS4, at the very least if you enjoy and have a hacked one. :)

Reactions: BigOnYa

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh there's nothing wrong being poor and wanting to enjoy some games anyway ... I bought a used xbox 360 cuz I missed out on it when I was a kid; I tend to buy tech that I couldn't afford when I was a kid although I have a beefy gaming pc
There's really nothing wrong playing on older consoles, in fact. I tend to play mostly PS2 games on a PS4 and I guess a lot of folks can't understand why.

Despite PS2 being inferior in hardware terms to Dreamcast and Xbox, the games compatible on PS4 (and PS3) now feel like they were upgraded somewhat to a "remaster."

It's still better to own an actual PS2 Launch or Slim so that's 100% compatible with all games and use a genuine component cable.

Reactions: kisamesama

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You say only people who are broke af are using a 360 today and in the end you promote using cracked PC games instead - you must be a genius.

What you say is wrong on so many levels.

1) Advancements in hacking the system further, might give ideas to exploit newer revisions or even other platforms.
We got to a point where you only need 2 wires to make the system exploit itself - think about it.

2) No exclusives? Do your research next time please:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

3) The 360 homebrew community is still alive and it probably will always be - just like the Atari community and whatever other console came out before you were even born - that's probably the biggest reason to still use it today.
It's as great today for many people as it was back then.
Can you tell me more about the "2 wires to make the system exploit itself", please?

Farbklex

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like using the Xbox 360 for LAN parties. Just tell your friends to bring a controller, setup 2 or 3 Xbox 360s and TVs and you can play with up to 12 People. Games like Halo are still a blast in Splitt-Screen + System Link.

Unfortunatelly, most PC games just don't have splitt screen anymore, allthough the console versions of the same game have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2