Hacking Is there any way to setup an online profile without ever taking a Switch online?

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a new unpatched Switch, my third one, but I'd rather not take it online and update it right off the bat just to setup the Nintendo accounts, which are unfortunately required to be setup even for some local LAN games. I'm wondering what options, if any, I may have in setting up the emuNAND to have working Nintendo profiles without updating the new Switch to the latest firmware.

One thought I have is to use "Match Local Users" to update the newest Switch to 6.2. Then perform a profile transfer to it from a sysNAND, which would allow the new Switch to have a profile setup on it, which I can then create an emuNAND for. If that works I'd end up with a profile on all 3 Switch emuNANDS, but only on two sysNANDs, which is fine. I know I could restore sysNAND after transfer, but that would be horribly stupid. According to Nintendo, they just need to be on the same firmware version, and online. The online part is scary because taking one online always introduces a ban risk, but since I restored the sysNAND after setting up emuNAND as a precaution I should be relatively safe doing this. My only real concern here is if doing this will result of the Switches also updating to the latest firmware while it's transferring the profile, which is of course what I want to avoid. Can anyone confirm what would happen here either way?

Alternatively, I wonder if there is any way to transfer the profile data from one emuNAND to another. Or even an offline version of the profile transfer service. If there's no good way, I might just wait to start using the 3rd, but I'm genuinely curious as to what is possible here.

This question is similar in effect to: https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-profile-after-ban-and-reset.512082/ Only in my case it's brand new, not banned, I just want to setup an online profile without updating to the latest firmware, so might be more options for me.

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done it myself at all but I don't see why it couldn't work for emunand.

I agree. emuNAND should actually be easier. However, having read through that thread, it looks like many people who tried using emuNAND reported black screen issues with the approach explained there.

Obviously since it is a new Switch I could mod the sysNAND and then create the emuNAND. However, I generally prefer to keep modifications off the sysNAND to avoid ban risks.

I'd love to see a PC application that can automatically backup profiles and saves from one emuNAND to be injected into another. That would really help people in the event of of a break.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land