Hacking Is there anyway to reset Resident Evil 3D Merceranies save?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question, i don know much about using save dongle with 3ds,so am i to assume that these sav files will work as they always have, like on gba and ds ?, i mean in the sense that they are not protected and locked to a specific game cart, so if i were to play half way through the game and then i wanted to back up my sav file to restore it at a later time,, and i want to start from the beginning, i could just use someone elses blank sav file right? i would not have had to make a copy of my own sav file from my my own cart before i saved anything on it ,i could just use one i download from someone else who made it from another cart right? there is no new added security is there ,that would lock the save file to a specific cart is there?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
No. They are encrypted and tied to your system. You can only back up and restore your OWN saves.

If you want to start from the beginning I believe you can corrupt the save file.

Reactions: 2 people

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. They are encrypted but you can use R4i Save Dongle + 3DS Save De/Encryptor to generate a "blank" save file or restore OTHERS' (and/or your own) save files for Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D because it doesn't use the newer encryption.

Reactions: 1 person

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, no you don't. Just use the (risky) hot-plugging 'feature' to corrupt your saves. Presto - instant reset save!

Timing is the key. You might have to try it several times to get it to write over the data without leaving a 'complete enough' save on it. This will take research with a real cart. Please post your findings here. It might just be super easy timing like any time before it says "save complete".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PKZFk5t3czs?si=3dVwkJCJO75a-qYv