OP
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
1657230608123.png

I'm just getting tired of things like this being fed to me in recent activity if I can avoid it, but I see no obvious way to do so...

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually think an "ignore group" option could be a nice idea. In the meantime you could try to identify the more prolific posters of these things and add them to your ignore list.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I actually think an "ignore group" option could be a nice idea. In the meantime you could try to identify the more prolific posters of these things and add them to your ignore list.
Please and thank you. Some of the crap that shows up in recent is obnoxious. Not even EOF tier... Worse than that.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
OP
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. Guess this is best for now.
The user tends to post meaningful replies elsewhere so I was hoping for a better solution.

Reactions: Kioku

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Customise page (top right of the page) on https://gbatemp.net/new/ does appear to give you the option to block forums (or alternatively only show things from a given list -- other than new console times it is not like new forums appear too often around here), which is what groups appear as. Haven't checked it but should work or could be reported as a bug if it does not.

• Wow
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
OP
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Customise page (top right of the page) on https://gbatemp.net/new/ does appear to give you the option to block forums (or alternatively only show things from a given list -- other than new console times it is not like new forums appear too often around here), which is what groups appear as. Haven't checked it but should work or could be reported as a bug if it does not.
This seems to be exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I kept looking around on group pages and in settings elsewhere for this kind of thing. I appreciate it.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come to think of it, why are there so many groups and threads pushing this weird manosphere pseudo science shit like EMF or soy anyways? Did a bunch of weirdo redditors come out of nowhere to spam the site with it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since when is EMF a manosphere thing? Soy maybe (it is disgusting stuff but that is a different discussion, might have to make a new GBAchef thread), though would presumably fall under general discuss what you like. EMF and radio sensitivity is a way older concept under general health anxiety, hypochondria and psychosomatic illness.
Also reddit seems to go out of their way to at best silo manosphere stuff from what I have seen so unless this is ousted reddit types making a home (doubtful)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Because he knows what he did