Homebrew ROM Hack Is there something like cheat engine for XBox One?

EmptySky72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if there is anything on XBox One to use to simple mods on games like increase money and stuff like that, which cheat engine can do but its only on PC as far as I know. Also would I need to use homebrew to be able to mod games? I've only ever used homebrew on the Nintendo Switch so im familiar with how it works on there, just not on anything else like XBox or PS4.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh. Don't often encounter Cheat Engine as a reference point. Around here you are more likely to see the term memory cheats or something more classical (gameshark, action replay, codebreaker, goldfinger if the user is Chinese, pelican...) but it does dip into game genie world as well as the binary will be in RAM somewhere and thus memory targeted cheats could have effects more commonly seen in big boy hacks.

With the possible exception of the Amiga no console since the "home computer" type things (think C64, vic20, atari, amstrad... with peek and poke probably being terms to start a search from there) has in any way sanctioned end users to do such things, anything you see in that world being cheats/hacks/third party methods*/dev kits/homebrew and not all homebrew is made equal in such regards. In this case the trickle of user code that MS allows in such things if you have a developer account (no longer an option either) is not going to do much of anything here (more classically then the xbox 360 dvd would not where kk/jtag/rgh would, on the 3ds then similar things were possible but more instead went in for firmware and such mods).

*there was actually a fairly famous legal case in the US involving Galoob and Nintendo that ended up at the idea that such things were legal https://h2o.law.harvard.edu/cases/4459 but some more modern laws have some questioning things there.

Anyway at time of writing there is no hack that allows this for any setup, never mind anything vaguely current. Some years ago there was a sort of homebrew thing for a now ancient firmware but that would not have worked either.

Reactions: EmptySky72

EmptySky72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, you're right I could have said memory editing or something lol I havent been modding for a while so its still kinda new to me.

But awh man that sucks.

MaikAmsterdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering if there is anything on XBox One to use to simple mods on games like increase money and stuff like that, which cheat engine can do but its only on PC as far as I know. Also would I need to use homebrew to be able to mod games? I've only ever used homebrew on the Nintendo Switch so im familiar with how it works on there, just not on anything else like XBox or PS4.
Problem with a cheat engine/trainer is. That it need to be installed on the xvd of the game . Since we cant open the xvd it will not work . Games using the GameOs and programs/apps using the windows OS . They cant work together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)