Misc is this 3ds legit or is it a shellswap

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what can i do to make sure its legit aside from checking serial numbers
making sure all of the serial numbers match is only means of confirming that it’s at least all from the same system. Being able to match it with the box is the only means of guaranteeing it’s not a shell swap. Simply put, Nintendo hasn’t given any other means of proving validity of their systems

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no im tryna buy it cus i wanna move on from my n2dsxl and this one looks really cool
I see. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. If it is a shell swap, it's done so well that none of us can spot any differences. And it would be so much work to replace all of that that it doesn't seem likely.

Reactions: splaca

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt come with the og box
Post automatically merged:

like is it actually possible for this to be a fake with all the colored buttons n shit 😭

That is hard to tell without the item being in front of you. Serial number look okay since it has QW, that is what it begin with but you need to check with like 3dtrident homebrew to check serial number if no box.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it would be so much work to replace all of that that it doesn't seem likely.
They sell shell swaps on AliExpress. I've been eyeing the transparent DS Lites they sell on there, but I really don't need another one. Admittedly, the DS Lite is an easier swap than the 3DS line are.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They sell shell swaps on AliExpress. I've been eyeing the transparent DS Lites they sell on there, but I really don't need another one. Admittedly, the DS Lite is an easier swap than the 3DS line are.
Yeah, but the entire shell and all the buttons? And the stylus?
The New 3ds (not XL) has very easy click-in swappable shells. I haven't shellswapped a N3DSXL before but it looks like replacing the entire case would be a lot of work.
Even if it is... does that really matter?

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it is... does that really matter?
That depends on how they're offering it. I can understand wanting to get a little extra for shell swapping, considering you have to buy the shell and it's not an easy process. But if they're charging a lot and claiming it's original, that's another story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wanted to download the Sonic manía plus android versión cuz i have Netflix but my phone isnt compatible
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    @The Real Jdbye you seem confused, nes remix 2 had nes open
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    guys does anyone know anything about usbloadergx? i have a question. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-sd-and-thumb-drive-at-the-same-time-usbloadergx.655497/)
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    oh right forgot about that
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you can use both at the same time if the sd is dedicated for gamecube games
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you can't do that the other way around
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nowdays, my Samsung phone holds most my music on a 512gb micro sd. I Bluetooth to my earbuds, BT speaker, or to my car stereo from my phone. I still have a iPod Nano, but have not used in years.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only play music on yt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I download very few songs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It takes me 3 hours every week to cut my grass, and I have to have music playing, not to mention the noise canceling earbuds, so I don't have to hear that lawnmower noise. I do play iHeart radio often also when get board of my music.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: