Hacking Is this a good scenario?

Harvin26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1.Backup the nand of the fresh untouched switch.
2.Use a dummy account.
3.Install cfw and games offline and never go online again.
4.play all games you want on cfw to hearts content.
5.When all done, restore nand and factory reset.
Rinse and repeat if want to use cfw again to play games.
lesser risk of ban? or I'm kidding myself to think something like this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No point in performing a factory reset if you're going to restore the NAND (its like using water after disinfecting something with bleach). Regardless, you have to hack the console to backup the NAND so again, not 100% safe but its a lot closer than anything else we have thus far.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you're not thinking to do this on daily or maybe weekly basis
not only full nand restore is slow, but how many times can your nand survives full nand restore

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not only full nand restore is slow, but how many times can your nand survives full nand restore
About that...
You have to restore an abnormal number of times.
Normally eMMC life performance is around 2000-5000 writes per cell. I don't know exactly though. Manufactures tend to keep these figures a secret or using strange year expectancy calculations.

Depends on NAND chip type (the actual storage chip inside the eMMC), quality (binning) and manufacturers algorithms.
Samsung are the best currently. So the above number should be higher (still not sure though).

On the other hand, replacements are quite cheap. Around 10 dollars. And you can just restore the backup to a new one.

In the end, it's not a good idea to play often with a full write all the time. And a user must always keep this in mind.
tl;dr Unsafe? Yes. But not because of the amount of write cycles.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Garou

Harvin26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No point in performing a factory reset if you're going to restore the NAND (its like using water after disinfecting something with bleach). Regardless, you have to hack the console to backup the NAND so again, not 100% safe but its a lot closer than anything else we have thus far.
my reason on factory reset is that you can freshly restart and reconnect a new account and remove traces? of hekate upon restoring nand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no, i think once every few months or just when you think you will invest a lot of time on an online capable game

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm fairly sure that consoles are banned separately from Nintendo accounts, restoring will do nothing. Unless Nintendo is stupid.

EDIT:
Misread your post, what you described is exactly what I'm doing, I think it might give us the option to play online at a later date once we find a way around bans

Last edited by KingBlank,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my reason on factory reset is that you can freshly restart and reconnect a new account and remove traces? of hekate upon restoring nand
From what I've heard, doing a factory reset hasn't properly un-linked the Nintendo Account if the console is already banned. Although if you clear all linked devices from your Nintendo Account on Nintendo's website, it might work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_