OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's the setup I would like to attempt:

-Streaming ISO from computer through irShell
-Outputting video through PSP official component cable
-Playing PSP with a PS3 Dualshock3 controller (which I would assume would be plugged into the PC)

Is this setup possible? If so, how would I set that up and what homebrew/plugins would I need beyond irShell? I already have driver software for the PS3 Controller on my PC, all I would need, I guess, is a way to allow the Dualhock3 to controller the PC, without outputting video to the PC. (I know RemoteJoyLite does this, but I want to use the PSP Component Cable.)

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially, yes. This would make it much easier to play on my TV, for when I have the chance to sit down in my room and relax, instead of playing on the PSP screen when my kids are awake. (Can't hide in my room when they're awake. 1 and 4 y/o, so I gotta keep an eye on them.)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You know if you hold the screen button for a few seconds it cuts the screen totally off. Then you can use the PSP as a controller without it making a bright light... if that was the concern...

What you want doesn't make sense though. Why not just hook the PSP right into the TV and play on it?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not understanding me. I do have my PSP hooked up to the TV, using the official Component cables. I'm using irShell to stream the games from my computer. My main question is if there is a way/driver/plugin to allow a PS3 controller plugged into my computer to control my PSP. I know that RemoteJoyLite allows this, but I want the normal video output to be done by the Component cable.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
Damn. irShell streams games from the PC? I never knew that. Kool.

Yeah, and from everything I've noticed it runs faster than reading them from the memory stick. (Doesn't make any sense, but I guess USB 2.0 has a better transfer rate than the internal card reader.)

OKay, so now that what I'm looking for is established, is there a way to use a PS3 controller on the PSP without using RemoteJoyLite for the video output?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That only works with controlling the PS3, using the PSP as a screen. I want to control the PSP itself. If you use RemoteJoyLite to the fullest, just think of it as taking out the video aspect of it. Remote Play doesn't help me.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This might not work at all (I was just thinking it in my head)

If irShell is using PSP Type B, you could use RemoteJoyLite for the PS3 controller support then use the component cables to hook up to your TV.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try it out. (No time to do it right now.) I'll let you know the results.

It baffles me to think that nobody thought about this before. You think that since it can be implemented into RemoteJoyLite that somebody would have made a standalone control plugin. >.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Tried it. Didn't work. I need to figure out how to get the games to show up on the PSP using irShell's USB Redirect function. I think that would work, but I'm not sure how to do it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
AFAIK there's no way to control the PSP from the PC. The other way around yes, but not PC to PSP.

I am certain that it is possible, I remember my brother using some plugin (may well have been RemoteJoyLite) to display PSP game on his laptop, and use my USB game controller to control the game.

My question is: Will RemoteJoyLite not still work, even if you're outputting over component cable?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested it. RemoteJoyLite does NOT work when an ISO is already being streamed from irShell. It just sits on the Waiting... black screen. And unless it gets a signal, it won't allow for external control. >.<

Well, shoot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: more like Oh oh oh [splat] ahhhhh