Emulation Is .Wux bettter than Loadiine?

JohnnyGui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A few questions to answer the topic's question:

1. Is Wux file size comparable to Loadiine?

2. How is the performance of a Wux file compared to Loadiine when playing in Cemu, in terms of fps/stuttering/load times?

3. When using a game in Wux format, can you still apply an update/dlc to the game through Cemu's "install update/dlc" feature?

Reactions: Mama Looigi

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
.wux is a compressed .wud, created by @Exzap like a million years ago. According to his tests, you could save from 40% to 80% of the original file size, and unlike WiiScrubber or other programs like it, .wux doesn't modifies data.

1. To use .wux on Loadiine, you should convert it to .wud and then extract its contents, or just getting Loadiine ready applications. So for Loadiine, is just the same. Yes, it's comparable if not a little bigger.

2. According to the interwebs, the performance of a .wux file in CEMU is better than full .wud images 'cause the size of 'em. It's almost just as playing the decrypted version of a game.

3. For the third question, I dunno tbh. Sorry.

Last edited by E1ite007,

JohnnyGui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.wux is a compressed .wud, created by @Exzap like a million years ago. According to his tests, you could save from 40% to 80% of the original file size, and unlike WiiScrubber or other programs like it, .wux doesn't modifies data.

1. To use .wux on Loadiine, you should convert it to .wud and then extract its contents, or just getting Loadiine ready applications. So for Loadiine, is just the same. Yes, it's comparable if not a little bigger.

2. According to the interwebs, the performance of a .wux file in CEMU is better than full .wud images 'cause the size of 'em. It's almost just as playing the decrypted version of a game.

3. For the third question, I dunno tbh. Sorry.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Regarding statement 2, so you're saying the performance diifference between Loadiine and .wux is negligible? I thought load times would differ significantly.

Last edited by JohnnyGui,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks a lot for your reply. Regarding statement 2, so you're saying the performance diifference between Loadiine and .wux is negligible? I thought load times would differ significantly.
According to other people testings, is almost the same. That's 'cause .wux is already as clean as it can get, the same as the Loadiine format that lacks all garbage data that disk dumps have.

JohnnyGui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
According to other people testings, is almost the same. That's 'cause .wux is already as clean as it can get, the same as the Loadiine format that lacks all garbage data that disk dumps have.

Thanks for the confirmation. I recall someone saying that the loading times are shorter for .wux files but perhaps this is the case when running it on Wii U hardware which prefers the game to be compact in one file instead of several different files as in Loadiine.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...