Hacking Issue transfering Fire Emblem Sacred Stones from PC to original cartridge

Lt. Lynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!
I'll explain myself. I have a save in my computer of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones with everything unlocked. Some days ago I buyed the original cartridge (I'm from Spain, so it's EUR5) and now I want to send my save to the cartridge.
I play the game on Visual Boy Advance-M. The save file is 64kb, whose last 32 kb are just zeroes. I can convert the savefile to 32kb with Shunyweb Savegames converter or just trimming it with WinHex, and it works fine when I try it again on the emulator.
Then, I put the save in whichever form (32 or 64kb, it really doen't matter) in my DS flashcart's SD. I use GBA Backup Tool (v 0.10 or v0.21) to thansfer the save to my cartridge. GBA BT seems to work fine (indeed, it works fine with other cartridges) and writes de savedata in the cartridge.
But, then, I start the game and... My files are gone. It writes the extra data and I get all my songs and extra conversations, but the rest is missing.
If I create new files and I transfer them to the PC, they work just fine. If I backup that files with GBA BT, overwrite them in the game, and restore with GBA BT, it works fine. But, if I backup the save, play it on my computer and then I send it back to the cartridge, the files disappear again.
What the hell it's happening? It's the emulator? It's the cartridge? Please, help!

Reactions: vinstage

Lt. Lynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course! I have tried even the ROM dumped directly from the cartridge, but it all remains the same way.

Lt. Lynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll upload 5 files (you just have to change the extension from txt to sav).
1. Sav created on the cartridge.
2. Friend of mine's save from his own cartridge.
3. Same as 2 but after being copied to my cartridge. Files are gone.
4. My own save in PC.
5. Same as 4 but after being copied to my cartridge. Files are gone.
If you compare with some HEX program 2 and 3 / 4 and 5, you can see that just some random bits change.

Edit: I have deleted the files. If someone gets interested in this, just ask me for them.

Last edited by Lt. Lynx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: