Hacking issue: Usb hdd 1TB toshiba turns off when play a game or homebrew loader

eduall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hi, i wanna know is is normal than my usb hdd toshiba 1TB turns off a little time when play wii backups games or in the loader menu...
this is bad cuz appears a message in the game like: reading disc...

i'll tried with wiiflow, cfg usb loader. and the same issue.

but, i have a old cfg usb loader version than doesn't power off the hdd, so it may be the latest version of the loader? (i have the latest mod with wiimmfi )

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
that may the known "sleepy drive"..
some drives go into sleep mode when they are not requested new data for a while and when this happens the wii asks for data, the hdd takes some time to restart and stuff gets broken...
some hdds got tools to disable or change this feature.. i can't help you much with this, a google search could probably give you info about how to disable it if it's possible to do so..
or you can get an hdd enclosure, remove that HDD from that "box" and put it in the new one

PS: i am not trully sure if the enclosure is problem, i am not trully sure if some hdds got this function built in it's firmware...

Last edited by migles,

eduall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
some drives go into sleep mode when they are not requested new data for a while and when this happens the wii asks for data, the hdd takes some time to restart and stuff gets broken...
some hdds got tools to disable or change this feature.. i can't help you much with this, a google search could probably give you info about how to disable it if it's possible to do so..
or you can get an hdd enclosure, remove that HDD from that "box" and put it in the new one

PS: i am not trully sure if the enclosure is problem, i am not trully sure if some hdds got this function built in it's firmware...

Thanks! i'll find a way for this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.